30d, st-e2 and a slave flash.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by galleywench@musicalfurnishings.com, Jun 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Heres what I wanted to do.

    With everything in manual - I wanted to use my st-e2 to run a
    background light and a hair light while they triggered a monolight with
    a slave eye as the main light.

    I ran into a few problems.

    The ST-E2 actually triggers the mono light's slave eye with the IR
    alone. oops. I didn't foresee that.

    It appears as though I am able to cut the preflash out with all the
    auto turned off on the 30d, cause I can get them all to sync with the
    mono light protected from the ST-E2, but visible to the 580 white
    light.

    an IR block on the slave?

    There is a PC cord for the mono too, but it is not syncing with the
    ST-E2 get-up.

    I thought it would be awfully neat to run this all from the camera, and
    have my main light be ac powered, but maybe I can't.

    Tor

    http://www.torstudios.com
    , Jun 29, 2006