    nothing happens. The default ISO of 100 isn't on display. So, I wonder if I
    am doing something wrong or if this is part of the damage done through the
    fall. Can anyone offer any advice to keep me going in the meantime?

    mickey, Aug 10, 2004

  2. mickey

    Robertwgross Guest

    mickey wrote:
    >I bought a 300D two weeks ago. I only had it for five days when my daughter
    >dropped it and did some serious damage. It still works and takes great
    >images but I get an error message with every shot which means I have to turn
    >it off and then on again..........just a nuisance for now. My flash doesnt
    >work properly either. I think it is misaligned somehow because it fires okay
    >but it won't light up whatever the subject is! I intend getting it repaired
    >but I can't right now until my original camera comes back from Pentax where
    >it too is being repaired. But my main query here is, I have read the manual
    >and want to try and change the ISO but when I press the little arrow,
    >nothing happens. The default ISO of 100 isn't on display. So, I wonder if I
    >am doing something wrong or if this is part of the damage done through the
    >fall. Can anyone offer any advice to keep me going in the meantime?

    Have you considered taking up golf? The equipment is harder to break.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Aug 10, 2004

  3. mickey

    jean Guest

    "Robertwgross" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > mickey wrote:
    > >I bought a 300D two weeks ago. I only had it for five days when my

    daughter
    > >dropped it and did some serious damage. It still works and takes great
    > >images but I get an error message with every shot which means I have to

    turn
    > >it off and then on again..........just a nuisance for now. My flash

    doesnt
    > >work properly either. I think it is misaligned somehow because it fires

    okay
    > >but it won't light up whatever the subject is! I intend getting it

    repaired
    > >but I can't right now until my original camera comes back from Pentax

    where
    > >it too is being repaired. But my main query here is, I have read the

    manual
    > >and want to try and change the ISO but when I press the little arrow,
    > >nothing happens. The default ISO of 100 isn't on display. So, I wonder if

    > >am doing something wrong or if this is part of the damage done through

    the
    > >fall. Can anyone offer any advice to keep me going in the meantime?

    > Have you considered taking up golf? The equipment is harder to break.
    >
    > ---Bob Gross---

    Damage to golf equipment is intentional, not accidental.

    jean, Aug 10, 2004
  4. mickey

    mickey Guest

    "Robertwgross" <> wrote in message
    > mickey wrote:
    > >I bought a 300D two weeks ago. I only had it for five days when my

    daughter
    > >dropped it and did some serious damage. It still works and takes great
    > >images but I get an error message with every shot which means I have to

    turn
    > >it off and then on again..........just a nuisance for now. My flash

    doesnt
    > >work properly either. I think it is misaligned somehow because it fires

    okay
    > >but it won't light up whatever the subject is! I intend getting it

    repaired
    > >but I can't right now until my original camera comes back from Pentax

    where
    > >it too is being repaired. But my main query here is, I have read the

    manual
    > >and want to try and change the ISO but when I press the little arrow,
    > >nothing happens. The default ISO of 100 isn't on display. So, I wonder if

    > >am doing something wrong or if this is part of the damage done through

    the
    > >fall. Can anyone offer any advice to keep me going in the meantime?

    > Have you considered taking up golf? The equipment is harder to break.
    >
    > ---Bob Gross---

    Thanks for that helpful advice Bob. You are a sweetie!
    Mickey

    mickey, Aug 10, 2004
  5. In article <cfa6gi$rng$>, mickey
    <> writes
    >I bought a 300D two weeks ago. I only had it for five days when my daughter
    >dropped it and did some serious damage. It still works and takes great
    >images but I get an error message with every shot which means I have to turn
    >it off and then on again..........just a nuisance for now. My flash doesnt
    >work properly either. I think it is misaligned somehow because it fires okay
    >but it won't light up whatever the subject is! I intend getting it repaired
    >but I can't right now until my original camera comes back from Pentax where
    >it too is being repaired. But my main query here is, I have read the manual
    >and want to try and change the ISO but when I press the little arrow,
    >nothing happens. The default ISO of 100 isn't on display. So, I wonder if I
    >am doing something wrong or if this is part of the damage done through the
    >fall. Can anyone offer any advice to keep me going in the meantime?

    Don't have a 300D but on my 10D the ISO is only displayed when I press
    the ISO change button.

    You should be able to see from the changes in shutter speed and aperture
    whether your attempts to change ISO speed are having any effect; for
    example, if the scene meters 1/125 at f/16 in bright sunlight at ISO
    100, then at 200 it should show 1/250 at f/16 or equivalent.

    Doubtless your daughter is on "no pocket money for 10,000 years"
    already, so incentivisation may be a problem. You could always threaten
    to take up 5x4 work and to use her as a porter.
    --
    David Littlewood

    David Littlewood, Aug 10, 2004
  6. mickey

    Ozzig Guest

    aren't you covered by home contents insurance ?

    --
    To reply remove MYPANTS

    Ozzig, Aug 10, 2004
  7. "mickey" <> wrote in message
    > I bought a 300D two weeks ago. I only had it for five days when my

    daughter
    > dropped it and did some serious damage. It still works and takes great
    > images but I get an error message with every shot which means I have to

    turn
    > it off and then on again..........just a nuisance for now. My flash doesnt
    > work properly either. I think it is misaligned somehow because it fires

    okay
    > but it won't light up whatever the subject is! I intend getting it

    repaired
    > but I can't right now until my original camera comes back from Pentax

    where
    > it too is being repaired. But my main query here is, I have read the

    manual
    > and want to try and change the ISO but when I press the little arrow,
    > nothing happens. The default ISO of 100 isn't on display. So, I wonder if

    > am doing something wrong or if this is part of the damage done through the
    > fall. Can anyone offer any advice to keep me going in the meantime?

    You need to be in P, Tv, Av or M mode to change ISO.

    this old user, Aug 10, 2004
  8. mickey

    mickey Guest

    "this old user" <> wrote in message

    > "mickey" <> wrote in message
    > > I bought a 300D two weeks ago. I only had it for five days when my

    > daughter
    > > dropped it and did some serious damage. It still works and takes great
    > > images but I get an error message with every shot which means I have to

    > turn
    > > it off and then on again..........just a nuisance for now. My flash

    doesnt
    > > work properly either. I think it is misaligned somehow because it fires

    > okay
    > > but it won't light up whatever the subject is! I intend getting it

    > repaired
    > > but I can't right now until my original camera comes back from Pentax

    > where
    > > it too is being repaired. But my main query here is, I have read the

    > manual
    > > and want to try and change the ISO but when I press the little arrow,
    > > nothing happens. The default ISO of 100 isn't on display. So, I wonder

    if
    > > am doing something wrong or if this is part of the damage done through

    the
    > > fall. Can anyone offer any advice to keep me going in the meantime?
    > >

    > You need to be in P, Tv, Av or M mode to change ISO.

    At last! Someone who knows what they are talking about. Thank you my man,
    I've just tried it and it does the business okay. Thanks again

    mickey, Aug 11, 2004