    then I cannot see any advantage in working with 'raw'.BTW I have had
    no detectable fringing with My splendid Jpeg fine images. COMMENTS
    people Please!

    peter clarkson, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Is there any chance those garden shots were slightly overexposed? Can you
    shoot some more with 1 stop less exposure?

    Charles Schuler, Nov 5, 2003

  3. peter clarkson

    Ed E. Guest

    > Is there any chance those garden shots were slightly overexposed? Can you
    > shoot some more with 1 stop less exposure?

    With RAW, he could configure Canon's software to dump the image with one
    less stop.

    Ed E., Nov 5, 2003
  4. peter clarkson

    Ed E. Guest

    What file format are you exporting to? Would you be able to make one CRW
    RAW file available for tinkering?

    One other alternative is to try CaptureOne's software to see if that does a
    better job for you.

    Ed E., Nov 5, 2003
  5. "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Is there any chance those garden shots were slightly overexposed? Can you
    > shoot some more with 1 stop less exposure?

    If they were overexposed then it must have been slight and it happened
    on a variety of shots.Does o/e cause fringing? Thanks btw.

    peter clarkson, Nov 5, 2003
  6. "Ed E." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > What file format are you exporting to? Would you be able to make one CRW
    > RAW file available for tinkering?
    >
    > One other alternative is to try CaptureOne's software to see if that does a
    > better job for you.

    Hi Ed, i was going to export to TIFF but the problem was on the raw
    image prior to exporting to I did not even bother trying to export it.
    Thanks, peter.

    peter clarkson, Nov 5, 2003
  7. peter clarkson

    Ed E. Guest

    > > What file format are you exporting to? Would you be able to make one
    CRW
    > > RAW file available for tinkering?

    > Hi Ed, i was going to export to TIFF but the problem was on the raw
    > image prior to exporting to I did not even bother trying to export it.

    That's what I mean - I was wondering if you could make the CRW available to
    see if we could figure out if anything can be done. Those of us with 300D
    RAW converters, that is...

    Ed E., Nov 5, 2003

    > > Is there any chance those garden shots were slightly overexposed? Can

    you
    > > shoot some more with 1 stop less exposure?

    > If they were overexposed then it must have been slight and it happened
    > on a variety of shots.Does o/e cause fringing? Thanks btw.

    Peter, I'm not sure at this point. It's a bit of a controversy. Some say
    the fringes are generated by lens chromatic aberrations, and others say that
    it's a form of sensor bloom found in high-contrast situations (such as dark
    branches against a bright sky), and others say it's a combination of
    factors. Your post got me wondering if the camera does some processing to
    reduce the effect with JPGs. I have a 300D and am now going to do some
    testing. So far, have not shot many RAWs but have ordered PhotoShop CS and
    plan to do more.

    Charles Schuler, Nov 5, 2003
  9. peter clarkson

    Lansbury Guest

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:22:59 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
    <> wrote:

    >So far, have not shot many RAWs but have ordered PhotoShop CS and
    >plan to do more.

    300D is not one of the cameras in the list of those for which the RAW
    plug in CS can be used. Do you know a work around?

    I have the 300D and ordered CS, not only because of the plug in, and
    have emailed Adobe to see if they intend to issue an upgrade to cover
    the 300D. Still awaiting a reply.

    --
    Lansbury
    www.uk-air.net

    Lansbury, Nov 6, 2003
  10. "Lansbury" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:22:59 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >So far, have not shot many RAWs but have ordered PhotoShop CS and
    > >plan to do more.

    > 300D is not one of the cameras in the list of those for which the RAW
    > plug in CS can be used. Do you know a work around?

    The EOS Digital Rebel is in their list of supported cameras:

    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

    Charles Schuler, Nov 6, 2003
  11. "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "peter clarkson" <> wrote in message
    > > "Charles Schuler" <> wrote in message

    > > > Is there any chance those garden shots were slightly overexposed? Can

    > you
    > > > shoot some more with 1 stop less exposure?

    > > If they were overexposed then it must have been slight and it happened
    > > on a variety of shots.Does o/e cause fringing? Thanks btw.

    > Peter, I'm not sure at this point. It's a bit of a controversy. Some say
    > the fringes are generated by lens chromatic aberrations, and others say that
    > it's a form of sensor bloom found in high-contrast situations (such as dark
    > branches against a bright sky), and others say it's a combination of
    > factors. Your post got me wondering if the camera does some processing to
    > reduce the effect with JPGs. I have a 300D and am now going to do some
    > testing. So far, have not shot many RAWs but have ordered PhotoShop CS and
    > plan to do more.

    Thanks again Charles, I have had a go at sooting raw images, this time
    with more success! So after my initial discouragement, I feel more
    optimistic.
    Let Me know results of your tests please.peter.

    peter clarkson, Nov 6, 2003
  12. peter clarkson

    Lansbury Guest

    Lansbury, Nov 6, 2003