    tools on the lan will work (the tools require an ip to be entered for
    admin consoles). Or, can we specify in the latest vpn client (4.0.5) a
    static ip and setup a different group in the concentrator to use that?
    BillH, Aug 25, 2004

  2. BillH

    CISCORUBS Guest

    Bill;

    Make a DHCP reservation on the DHCP server specifiying the MAC of the
    connecting client.

    CISCORUBS, Aug 26, 2004

  3. BillH

    joe Guest

    Problem with dhcp is the client mac address from the dhcp
    servers's point of view is always = to the mac address of the vpn
    concentrator private interface.. dhcp reservation wont work :(

    you really have 2 options...

    1. give the user and internal account on the vpn concentrator and
    specify their ip they get under user properties...

    2. allow the user to specify an ip address when they connect...

    Both can be allowed under...

    Configuration | System | Address Management | Assignment

    to allow #1, check off
    "Use Address from Authentication Server"

    to allow#2, check off
    "Use Client Address"

    You really need to make sure the client gets the ip you want him/her to.
    You can also get this working with an external group (i.e. radius) where
    the username can be assigned variables.

    joe, Aug 26, 2004
  4. BillH

    BillH Guest

    I tried that...did not work. The concentrator goes out and gets another address.
    BillH, Aug 27, 2004