300 Year Archival CDR's..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., May 11, 2004.

  1. What's the most Archival CD-R Blank Media for Storing Image Files?

    Yes its Mitsui Gold Achival ones.

    Have a read

    http://www.photo.net/mjohnston/column53/

    This Wellington & Auckland Company are the Agents

    http://www.cloud.co.nz/

    CONTACT

    Cloud Productions Wellington

    Postal Address
    P.O. Box 11144
    Manners Street
    Wellington

    Physical Address
    Level 12
    Travel and Tourism House
    79 Boulcott Street
    Wellington

    Phone 04 4997019
    Fax 04 4997018

    Email
    Studio Inquiries:
    Mitsui Inquiries:
    Udas Inquiries:
    Audio and general Inquiries:

    Cloud Productions Auckland

    Postal Address
    P.O. Box 20383
    Glen Eden
    Auckland

    Physical Address
    51 Glendale Road
    Glen Eden
    Auckland

    Phone 09 8187180
    Fax 09 8187189

    Email

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 11, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message

    > What's the most Archival CD-R Blank Media for Storing Image Files?
    >
    > Yes its Mitsui Gold Achival ones.
    >

    > Have a read
    >

    > http://www.photo.net/mjohnston/column53/
    >

    > This Wellington & Auckland Company are the Agents

    Try reading your own links.

    "MAM-A Gold Archival discs may not be the absolute best for you or for your
    burner; and they may not have the 300-year archival life span that is
    claimed for them."

    Let us know if you get 300 years of life out of yours.

    I read somewhere the best way to damage them including DVDs, is to bend
    them. It weakens the bond of the labels and layers allowing for the rot to
    set in.
    Don't bend them, and look after them well.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, May 11, 2004

  3. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Mutley Guest

    Problem is you can't buy them in cake tins..

    Mutley, May 11, 2004
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Don Gould Guest

    Re: 300 Year Archival CDR's.. NOTHING BUT SPAM

    Thank you for the spam.

    I'll be sure to keep well away from this company.

    Cheers Don

    Don Gould, May 12, 2004
  5. On Wed, 12 May 2004 13:31:39 +1200, Don Gould <>
    wrote:

    >Thank you for the spam.
    >
    >I'll be sure to keep well away from this company.
    >
    >Cheers Don

    What a utter Twit you are, another one to add to my Insane list..

    What I post was some good Info and you just don't have the Brain to understand
    it..

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 12, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23:02 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > What's the most Archival CD-R Blank Media for Storing Image Files?

    In 300 years CDs as we know them will be in the museum if they are lucky.

    Gordon, May 12, 2004
  7. The GHOST of WOGER.

    TEX Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    > On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23:02 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >

    >>What's the most Archival CD-R Blank Media for Storing Image Files?
    >>

    > In 300 years CDs as we know them will be in the museum if they are lucky.

    And we all hope that we don't see posts from Woger in 300 years time.

    TEX

    TEX, May 12, 2004
  8. On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:56:52 +1200, TEX <> wrote:

    >Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23:02 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >>

    >>>What's the most Archival CD-R Blank Media for Storing Image Files?
    >>>

    >> In 300 years CDs as we know them will be in the museum if they are lucky.

    >And we all hope that we don't see posts from Woger in 300 years time.
    >

    >TEX

    I thought this was a excellent post of mine..

    The GHOST of WOGER., May 12, 2004
  9. In article <>, Gordon <> was seen to type:
    >On Wed, 12 May 2004 08:23:02 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >

    >> What's the most Archival CD-R Blank Media for Storing Image Files?
    >>

    >In 300 years CDs as we know them will be in the museum if they are lucky.

    ... and it's fairly certain none of them will be useful for data :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, May 12, 2004
  10. > >In 300 years CDs as we know them will be in the museum if they are lucky.

    > .. and it's fairly certain none of them will be useful for data :)

    why not? Star Fleet technicians can fix all ancient technologies...

    J.Random Luser, May 13, 2004