    What does it do?

    Thanks

    No mail, please .. [no incoming mailbox]

    Invalid Address, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Invalid Address

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Invalid Address, says...
    > Walmart has a Sanyo 30" WS TV w/built-in HD tuner for $647..

    That's a great deal.

    > Looking at the info in the manual in the store, it says is has normal,
    > full, zoom1 and zoom2 modes. Assuming "normal" is 4:3, what is "full"?
    > What does it do?

    I don't know about the Sanyo specifically, but typically the options
    are: 4:3 pillar boxed with black bars on the sides, 16x9 widescreen, and
    the two zooms. One will be a straight zoom so that letterboxed 4:3
    material can be zoomed to fill the screen. The other is probably a
    compromise, where it zooms a little bit, and also stretches the picture
    a little bit so that you see more image than in the regular zoom, but
    the people look a little distorted. Those are the options my Sony, and
    some other TVs have.

    Mark Spatny, Oct 31, 2004