    it from microsoft.com?
    thx.
    S Atef
    =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlmIEF0ZWY=?=, Aug 8, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlmIEF0ZWY=?=

    Jerry Guest

    Search Google
    Ask modem tech support people
    No 64bit Office yet

    Jerry, Aug 8, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlmIEF0ZWY=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I am not aware of any USB modems that have 64-bit drivers.

    John Barnes, Aug 8, 2005
  4. 1. http://www.smlink.com/objects/SLA56-V4.20.01-MV-XP64Bit.zip

    Smart link has drivers for their modems, maybe you want to consider
    purchasing one from them. The US Robotics 5810 ran perfectly out of the box.

    2. The reason why your modem is not compatible is because a 64 bit native
    hard device driver needs to be written for it to work under Windows XP Pro
    x64.

    3. No current version or Edition of Microsoft Office is 64 bit native, the
    next version of Office "12", should be.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2hlcmlmIEF0ZWY=?=

    wewa Guest

    dude,

    look thru the list of supported modems in your x64 control panel, modems,
    add.

    i have yanked a old 56k PCI internal modem from a old emachine, based on a
    conexant chipset, and its working well for me for faxing and 50666 dialup
    speeds...

    i have noted this if you do a search for modem in older threads of this
    newsgroup...

    wewa, Aug 8, 2005
  6. The supported modems through the add hardware wizard is definitely a good
    idea Wewa, never thought of that.

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2005