3 problems(USB,Battery,e-mail)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=, May 23, 2006.

  1. The following problems relate to a Toshiba laptop computer.

    PROBLEM 1: When I try to send an e-mail, the following message comes up: "
    WINDOWS INSTALLER,
    The function that you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
    not available. Click on O.K. to try again or type in the box below an
    alternate route to a folder that contains the install package PRJPROE:MSI" I
    click on the button with the red X, and the message appears again. After 3
    clicks and 3 messages , I can finally send the e-mail.

    PROBLEM 2: I have a cable modem connected to one of the 3 USB ports of the
    laptop(the laptop has 2 USB in rear, and 1 USB on the side). Recently, the
    USB port connected to the cable modem, stopped functioning. Now in the device
    administrator, it appears as an unknown device. The other two USB are
    working fine for the moment.

    PROBLEM 3: When I try to turn on the computer with the battery power alone,
    it cannot be turned on. I have to connect the computer to the direct
    current, to turn it on. After that, I disconnect it from the current and it
    works fine. The computer battery is fully charged when I want to turn it on
    using the battery power alone.

    I would appreciate any help on these three problems. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=, May 23, 2006

  2. The following problems relate to a Toshiba laptop computer.

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 23, 2006

  3. PROBLEM 1: Computer not connected to a network. Just a cablemodem at home.

    PROBLEM 2: Did all that, it detects it, but as an unknown device.

    PROBLEM 3: I will contact Toshiba.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=, May 23, 2006
  4. 1. For Project, if you have the CD, just do a repair install, open Control
    Panel > Ad/Remove Programs > Microsoft Project > Change > select "Repair" >
    (check "restore shortcuts") > OK

    2. Sounds like an issue you need to also discuss with Toshiba.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 23, 2006
  5. PROBLEM 1: I try to do it and it says "the origin of installation for this
    product is not available. Check to see if the origin exists and if you have
    access to it".

    PROBLEM 2: I will contact Toshiba

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=, May 24, 2006
  6. You might want to post the Project issue to:
    microsoft.public.project

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 24, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Did this problem (1) start after you installed a new program? I have seen
    a number of programs cause strange, unrelated windows installer popups. For
    instance when I installed Roxio 8, when I would try to send an email, one
    would pop up, when I tried to change a font in Word, another would pop up.
    Uninstalled Roxio and both went away. A friend had a similar problem with
    Google Earth.

    John Barnes, May 24, 2006
  8. No, apparently there was a mix up with the registry file.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEtlbGxlcm1hbg==?=, May 24, 2006