3 or more dead pixels on camera's LCD, keep or return?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Henley, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Mike Henley

    Mike Henley Guest

    I noticed at least 3 pixels on the camera's LCD which i just received
    an hour ago (HP 945). I must admit i can't really say they have much
    functional significance as the LCD is viewed from somewhat of a
    distance and usually it's only viewed for framing. I can also use the
    EVF. One of them is only obvious when the camera is in menu mode but
    when shooting it's covered by the battery indicator. The second is
    visible on both but only if i look close at it rather than look at the
    image; usually i'm more concerned with framing rather than looking for
    pixels. The third is in the center of the LCD and more visible though
    it's white whereas the others are red. I haven't checked if there are
    any more. Maybe there's a hint of a fourth or fifth but they're tiny
    and being white not really that visible. I don't think there's more.
    I'm hesitating, they really have no functional significance and I'd be
    tempted to just forget about it, but then the perfectionist of a
    consumer in me wonders if i should be annoyed enough about a red dot
    that shouldn't be there on a blue menu background and return the
    camera.

    What would *you* do? return it or keep it?

    It's in the LCD rather than the CCD sensor. I'm satisfied about the
    pics the camera takes.

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/159621127/159621689wkJryY

    Mike Henley, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Mike Henley

    pjp Guest

    I'd return it as I'd consider it broken before it even came out of the box.

    pjp, Jul 6, 2004