    appreciated.

    Thanks

    Paul

    Paul Foley, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Paul Foley

    - Robert - Guest

    > can only burn 2 hours too.

    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

    You need to compress your material. Recordable dvd+-r(w) has limitation of
    4.7 gb (single layer). DVD-9 disks are dual layers.

    Rgrds

    -rob-

    - Robert -, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Maybe DVDShrink?

    www.dvdrhelp.com

    Cathy De Viney, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Paul Foley

    Richard C. Guest

    "Paul Foley" <> wrote in message
    : Hi Agent C
    :
    : I have a new dvd writer as well, and using the same software as you and I
    : can only burn 2 hours too. if anybody has an answer it will be very much
    : appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks
    =====================
    The answer is - buy the DVD at a store.

    Richard C., Dec 27, 2003
  5. Paul Foley

    Pug Fugley Guest

    You need to compress the video, at the cost of video quality.

    Pug Fugley, Dec 28, 2003
  6. "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    > "Paul Foley" <> wrote in message
    > : Hi Agent C
    > :
    > : I have a new dvd writer as well, and using the same software as you and

    > : can only burn 2 hours too. if anybody has an answer it will be very much
    > : appreciated.
    > :
    > : Thanks
    > =====================
    > The answer is - buy the DVD at a store.

    Duh..........I do and still make backups so the original ones can be kept in
    a safe place.

    --
    callsignviper

    The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
    the right questions.

    callsignviper, Dec 28, 2003
  7. Paul Foley

    Justin Guest

    callsignviper wrote on [Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:20:11 GMT]:

    > "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    >> "Paul Foley" <> wrote in message
    >> : Hi Agent C
    >> :
    >> : I have a new dvd writer as well, and using the same software as you and

    >> : can only burn 2 hours too. if anybody has an answer it will be very much
    >> : appreciated.
    >> :
    >> : Thanks
    >> =====================
    >> The answer is - buy the DVD at a store.
    >>

    > Duh..........I do and still make backups so the original ones can be kept in
    > a safe place.

    A safe place? Like... at the store? Or sold on ebay? or back at
    Blockbuster?

    Justin, Dec 28, 2003
  8. Paul Foley

    - Robert - Guest

    > >> The answer is - buy the DVD at a store.
    > >>

    > A safe place? Like... at the store? Or sold on ebay? or back at

    Blockbuster?

    Why you are treating others as potential thieves?
    It is very easy for you to put such opinion, but what if you are not right
    at all? He may for example just compress his videos from digital camcorder.
    Are you a judge? Do you have rights for that?

    PLONK

    -rob-

    - Robert -, Dec 28, 2003
  9. Paul Foley

    Richard C. Guest

    "callsignviper" <> wrote in message
    :
    : "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    : news:3fedeccf$0$66032$...
    : > "Paul Foley" <> wrote in message
    : > news:bskef5$8vo$...
    : > : Hi Agent C
    : > :
    : > : I have a new dvd writer as well, and using the same software as you and
    : I
    : > : can only burn 2 hours too. if anybody has an answer it will be very much
    : > : appreciated.
    : > :
    : > : Thanks
    : > =====================
    : > The answer is - buy the DVD at a store.
    : >
    : >
    :
    :
    : Duh..........I do and still make backups so the original ones can be kept in
    : a safe place.
    :
    ===========
    Why?
    There is no need to do such a thing.

    Richard C., Dec 28, 2003
  10. Paul Foley

    Richard C. Guest

    "- Robert -" <robert@$niespamowi$multi.plus.com> wrote in message
    : > >> The answer is - buy the DVD at a store.
    : > >>
    : > A safe place? Like... at the store? Or sold on ebay? or back at
    : Blockbuster?
    :
    : Why you are treating others as potential thieves?
    : It is very easy for you to put such opinion, but what if you are not right
    : at all? He may for example just compress his videos from digital camcorder.
    : Are you a judge? Do you have rights for that?
    :
    : PLONK
    :
    ====================
    videos from a camcorder are SIMPLE to make copies from.
    That is not what he was talking about.....................

    Richard C., Dec 28, 2003
  11. Paul Foley

    - Robert - Guest

    > videos from a camcorder are SIMPLE to make copies from.
    > That is not what he was talking about.....................

    Original threat is about 3 hour DVD burn.
    Most of my materials from camcorder are 12 gb on hard drive. After edition
    with Pinnacle it is still more than 6 gb of material to be stored on single
    dvd-r. And I still need to use dvdshrink to compress material.
    I am just do not like opinion similar to Justin's one.
    It is dishonest. No one should be treaten as potential criminal. If you go
    to the shop you would expect that you can do shopping by your own without
    being monitored by 5 mens looking at your hands?

    Regards

    Rob

    - Robert -, Dec 28, 2003
  12. Paul Foley

    Bigarbel Guest

    >===========
    >Why?
    >There is no need to do such a thing.

    Why do you answer in your signature?
    ---

    Bigarbel

    Bigarbel, Dec 28, 2003
  13. Paul Foley

    Justin Guest

    Bigarbel wrote on [Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:15:21 +0000]:
    >>===========
    >>Why?
    >>There is no need to do such a thing.

    > Why do you answer in your signature?
    > ---
    >
    > Bigarbel

    That's not a signature.

    It's not a signature unless it starts with dash dash space enter

    Justin, Dec 28, 2003
  14. Paul Foley

    Bigarbel Guest

    >Bigarbel wrote on [Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:15:21 +0000]:
    >>>===========
    >>>Why?
    >>>There is no need to do such a thing.

    >> Why do you answer in your signature?
    >> ---
    >>
    >> Bigarbel

    >That's not a signature.
    >
    >It's not a signature unless it starts with dash dash space enter

    Well ,to me it looks like one, and always makes me go looking for what
    is added. Stupid way of answering anyway
    ---

    Bigarbel

    Bigarbel, Dec 28, 2003
  15. Paul Foley

    Justin Guest

    Bigarbel wrote on [Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:56:06 +0000]:

    >>> Why do you answer in your signature?
    >>> ---
    >>>
    >>> Bigarbel

    >>That's not a signature.
    >>
    >>It's not a signature unless it starts with dash dash space enter

    > Well ,to me it looks like one, and always makes me go looking for what
    > is added. Stupid way of answering anyway

    Of course it would, because you can't even get YOUR signature right.

    Justin, Dec 29, 2003