    Did not know they were even out
    Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
    Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

    Film Buff, Jan 6, 2006

  2. Film Buff

    wunnuy Guest

    Film Buff wrote:
    > Found these today at TARGET!!
    > These are the Warners releases for $9.99
    > Did not know they were even out
    > Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
    > Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

    3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
    remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
    DVD. Excellent

    wunnuy, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    Film Buff <> wrote:

    > Found these today at TARGET!!
    > These are the Warners releases for $9.99
    > Did not know they were even out
    > Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
    > Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

    They were released on Dec 20th.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Film Buff

    Ray Guest

    > 3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
    > remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
    > DVD. Excellent

    Does Three Men and a Baby count? Maybe that was the ghost of John Wayne in
    the background.

    Ray, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Film Buff

    Film Buff Guest

    It Was Remade in 1974 for TV as "The Godchild"
    and again in 2003 as a Japanese animated feature "Tokyo Godfathers"

    Film Buff, Jan 7, 2006
  6. Film Buff

    Jay G. Guest

    On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:02:33 GMT, jayembee wrote:

    > Film Buff <> wrote:
    >
    >> Found these today at TARGET!!
    >> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
    >> Did not know they were even out
    >> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
    >> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

    > They were released on Dec 20th.

    Target had them in their ad as exclusives the week of release, although I
    don't think anyone has previously mentioned them here. So good job.

    Best Buy has had a number of exclusives in the past, although most of those
    are eventually released to all retail outlets. Right now Best Buy has the
    Mr. Show Complete Collection for $39.99. Other retailers will get it on
    Jan 17, with a $79.99 MSRP.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jan 7, 2006
  7. In article <>,
    wunnuy <> wrote:

    >Film Buff wrote:
    >> Found these today at TARGET!!
    >> These are the Warners releases for $9.99
    >> Did not know they were even out
    >> Amazon does not mention that these are available on DVD as yet
    >> Thought I would pass this along to the John Wayne Fans

    >3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
    >remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
    >DVD. Excellent

    Well it looks like there are at least versions with the exact came
    plot and two with a variation so it's been made once and remade
    four time.

    It was remade in 1936 with Chester Morris playing the part that
    Harry Carey did in the 1916 version. Then remade in 1948 with
    with John Wayne playing the lead.

    Then it was remade [with a slight changes] as Three Men And A
    Cradle in France in 1985. Then Three Men And A Baby was the 1987
    American version.

    The 1936 version shows up on TCM every now and then. They have the
    trailer for that version on line.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Jan 7, 2006
  8. Film Buff

    AceoHearts Guest

    These were actually released about 3 weeks ago. Only mention I saw of them
    was in the Target sales flyer for the week.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Jan 9, 2006
  9. Film Buff

    wunnuy Guest

    Ray wrote:
    > > 3 Godfathers! A truly underrated film that I"m surprised hasn't been
    > > remade. It's one of those films I've been waiting for it to come out on
    > > DVD. Excellent

    > Does Three Men and a Baby count? Maybe that was the ghost of John Wayne in
    > the background.

    Nope. Any movie that stars Steve Guttenburg doesn't qualify as an
    actual movie.

    wunnuy, Jan 9, 2006
  10. Film Buff

    jayembee Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> wrote:

    > These were actually released about 3 weeks ago. Only mention
    > I saw of them was in the Target sales flyer for the week.

    The nearest Target stores aren't very close to me, so I would've
    missed hearing about these if I didn't see them mentioned at

    http://www.dvdfanboy.com/

    At that website, Russell Hammond lists exclusive DVDs at
    various retailers. Usually, it's bonus extras discs, but he
    mentioned these two John Ford releases back when they
    came out, so I made a point of going to a Target to get them.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 9, 2006