    appear. Is there a way around this, I know from what I have ready that this
    is strange to say the least. Vista x64 is designed to work with up to 8 gigs
    of RAM.

    RyanK, Feb 10, 2008

  2. Talk to your hardware vendor and see if they have any driver updates. The
    "missing RAM" is the "window" mapped in memory used by PCIExpress cards.

    John Fullbright, Feb 10, 2008

  3. It may not be so strange - a system crash and reboot can reset the BIOS to
    the factory defaults and this may not enable the memory remap feature that
    most BIOS's have provided for.

    Check your BIOS!

    On the other hand, your BIOS could be one of those that are having a problem
    with this, and you should check if there is an update available that will
    fix this.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 10, 2008
  4. RyanK

    RyanK Guest

    Well I updated the BIOS to the absolute latest version with no problems.;
    The BIOS recognizes all four gigs of RAM of course. If it helps these are
    the specifications on my computer:

    AMD 6000+ 3.0ghz, ASUS M2N23 SLI Deluxe/Wireless, 4gb GEIL DDR2 800mhz
    cas lat 4ms, WD2500KS 250gb 7200rpm HDD, 460 Watt CoolerMaster PSU, EVGA
    7900 GT KO 512 RAM 550mhz GPU

    Does anyone have any other suggestions? I could have sworn that not more
    than a month ago vista recognized all four gigs, and I have made no major
    hardware changes since installing vista. (Vista Ultimate x64)

    RyanK, Feb 10, 2008
  5. RyanK

    John Barnes Guest

    If you did see all 4gig, then you need to reset the remap memory feature in
    the BIOS.

    John Barnes, Feb 10, 2008
  6. RyanK

    RyanK Guest

    So how do you do that? And what does that effect? Will my system still run
    after doing this or is this a "reinstall your entire OS" type of thing?

    RyanK, Feb 10, 2008
  7. Just a note: Vista Ultimate x64 can see 128GB of ram, not 8GB. 8GB is
    probably what your mobo supports.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 10, 2008
  8. RyanK

    RyanK Guest

    And just as a note, my BIOS does recognize all four gigs of RAM.

    RyanK, Feb 10, 2008
  9. RyanK

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    In your CMOS setup, there has to be an option called "Memory remap" or
    "Memory hole" or something like that. If you do not turn this option on,
    Vista x64 will only see 3.5GB of RAM, since Vista reserves the addresses
    between 3.5GB and 4GB for devices like your video card. If you don't
    believe this, go into the Device Manager and look at the hex addresses
    for memory usage by various devices, like your video card, for example.

    If you turn that option on in the BIOS, Vista x64 will see the whole
    4GB. If there is no option in your BIOS like that and your have the most
    recent version of the BIOS, you are out of luck. Google your mobo
    "Gigabyte GA P35-DS3L 4GB RAM" and maybe you'll find out how to make it
    work.

    jabloomf1230, Feb 10, 2008