    motherboard that may be causing the problem?

    Thanks
    Dennis
    dennis, Sep 10, 2005

  2. dennis

    VWWall Guest

    dennis wrote:
    > Hi All...
    > My Asus motherboard (P4t533-c) started reporting a power problem at times
    > during POST. When I look at the voltages using both the bios as well as
    > the Asus monitor utility I'm seeing the 3.3 volts go from 3.334 to around
    > 3.7 or 3.8. The 12 volts and 5 volts are rock solid they are staying within
    > .1 or .2 volts.
    >
    > This is a P4T533-c running 512MB 1066 rambus and an Antec 400w powersupply.
    >
    > Any thoughts? Powersupply going flakey or is there some regulation from the
    > motherboard that may be causing the problem?

    Look at the voltage with good voltmeter at the plug to the MB while the
    system is operating. There may be a problem with the monitoring circuit
    in the motherboard.

    --
    Virg Wall
    VWWall, Sep 10, 2005

  3. dennis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 23:40:01 -0700, "dennis" <> spewed the
    following drivel:

    >Hi All...
    >My Asus motherboard (P4t533-c) started reporting a power problem at

    times
    >during POST. When I look at the voltages using both the bios as

    well as
    >the Asus monitor utility I'm seeing the 3.3 volts go from 3.334 to

    around
    >3.7 or 3.8. The 12 volts and 5 volts are rock solid they are staying

    within
    >.1 or .2 volts.
    >
    >This is a P4T533-c running 512MB 1066 rambus and an Antec 400w

    powersupply.

    >Any thoughts? Powersupply going flakey or is there some regulation

    from the
    >motherboard that may be causing the problem?

    If your board was manufactured before October, 2002 there are
    documented power problems. If it is one of these early boards, ASUS
    will replace it. I suggest you post this problem in
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
    __

    -nos1eep
    nos1eep, Sep 10, 2005
  4. dennis

    dennis Guest

    "nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 23:40:01 -0700, "dennis" <> spewed the
    > following drivel:
    >
    >>Hi All...
    >>My Asus motherboard (P4t533-c) started reporting a power problem at

    > times
    >>during POST. When I look at the voltages using both the bios as

    > well as
    >>the Asus monitor utility I'm seeing the 3.3 volts go from 3.334 to

    > around
    >>3.7 or 3.8. The 12 volts and 5 volts are rock solid they are staying

    > within
    >>.1 or .2 volts.
    >>
    >>This is a P4T533-c running 512MB 1066 rambus and an Antec 400w

    > powersupply.
    >>
    >>Any thoughts? Powersupply going flakey or is there some regulation

    > from the
    >>motherboard that may be causing the problem?

    > If your board was manufactured before October, 2002 there are
    > documented power problems. If it is one of these early boards, ASUS
    > will replace it. I suggest you post this problem in
    > alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
    > __
    >
    > -nos1eep

    The board was manufactured around July of 2002...

    thanks
    Dennis
    dennis, Sep 10, 2005
  5. dennis

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:11:43 -0700, "dennis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >"nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 23:40:01 -0700, "dennis" <> spewed

    the
    >> following drivel:
    >>
    >>>Hi All...
    >>>My Asus motherboard (P4t533-c) started reporting a power problem at

    >> times
    >>>during POST. When I look at the voltages using both the bios as

    >> well as
    >>>the Asus monitor utility I'm seeing the 3.3 volts go from 3.334 to

    >> around
    >>>3.7 or 3.8. The 12 volts and 5 volts are rock solid they are

    staying
    >> within
    >>>.1 or .2 volts.
    >>>
    >>>This is a P4T533-c running 512MB 1066 rambus and an Antec 400w

    >> powersupply.
    >>>
    >>>Any thoughts? Powersupply going flakey or is there some regulation

    >> from the
    >>>motherboard that may be causing the problem?

    >> If your board was manufactured before October, 2002 there are
    >> documented power problems. If it is one of these early boards, ASUS
    >> will replace it. I suggest you post this problem in
    >> alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
    >> __
    >>
    >> -nos1eep

    >The board was manufactured around July of 2002...
    >
    >thanks
    >Dennis

    Anytime.
    __

    -nos1eep
    nos1eep, Sep 10, 2005
  6. dennis

    dennis Guest

    "dennis" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All...
    > My Asus motherboard (P4t533-c) started reporting a power problem at times
    > during POST. When I look at the voltages using both the bios as well as
    > the Asus monitor utility I'm seeing the 3.3 volts go from 3.334 to around
    > 3.7 or 3.8. The 12 volts and 5 volts are rock solid they are staying
    > within .1 or .2 volts.
    >
    > This is a P4T533-c running 512MB 1066 rambus and an Antec 400w
    > powersupply.
    >
    > Any thoughts? Powersupply going flakey or is there some regulation from
    > the motherboard that may be causing the problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Dennis

    took a stab at it... changed the powersupply (raidmax 550)... 3.3v is now
    rock solid 3.39

    Dennis
    dennis, Sep 12, 2005