3 2514 cisco routers and 1 central Switch

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Billy Guthrie, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. I have been asked to lead a project and it is something I have never come
    across before.
    I have been given three 2514 cisco routers and have been told to get three
    subnets up
    and running via the AUI ports. All three subnets have 4 hosts in the
    192.168.96.0 network
    address. And have been told to use the mask of 255.255.255.248
    All fine and dandy. I want to know if this configuration seems ok! after
    drawing out the diagram,
    it should work.......theoretically, but want to make sure. 4 subnets;
    subnet 1 (4 hosts) subnet 2 (4 hosts) and subnet 3 (4 hosts) subnet 4 (ALL
    E1's of the routers)
    all the hosts in subnet 1 will be connected to a Layer 2 switch via ports
    1-4 and the port 5 will be connected to the AUI 10BaseT transceiver
    of the router 1 (E0) and E1 subnet 4 will be connected to a central switch
    (port 1)
    all the hosts in subnet 2 will be connected to a Layer 2 switch via ports
    1-4 and the port 5 will be connected to the AUI 10BaseT transceiver
    of the router 2 (E0) and E1 subnet 4 will be connected to a central switch
    (port 2)
    all the hosts in subnet 3 will be connected to a Layer 2 switch via ports
    1-4 and the port 5 will be connected to the AUI 10BaseT transceiver
    of the router 3 (E0) and E1 subnet 4 will be connected to a central switch
    (port 3)
    IGRP will be the routing protocol
    Network 192.168.96.0
    and each interface of course will be given the correct IP address for the
    subnet that interface is in and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.248
    Pretty straight forward and would like some advice before I start connecting
    all devices up and configuration settings.

    Does anyone foresee any problems???

    Thanks

    Billy

    Billy Guthrie, Dec 23, 2003