    Nvida tells me im trying to install a 64bit program on a 32bit OS, then
    tells me im trying to install a 32bit program on a 64bit OS.......along with
    the number of issues I'm having how can i fix this seriously?

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Oh and I just installed a new update and this is what I got when it went to
    restart:

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033

    Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 9f
    BCP1: 0000000000000003
    BCP2: FFFFFA80043B3060
    BCP3: FFFFFA8006A338B0
    BCP4: FFFFFA8005497C60
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

    Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini100407-01.dmp
    C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27750-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\WER783D.tmp.version.txt

    Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=, Oct 5, 2007

  3. All of the video problems you're going to have to talk to nVidia. Good luck.
    We can't help with their drivers, except to suggest that going back to the
    ones that ship with Vista is a lot safer. Maybe not as "tweaked" as the
    latest from nvidia, but more reliable.

    As for other problems, you really need to start by figuring out why windows
    updates won't install. And for that, you'll need to go to the right
    newsgroup, since most of us are focused around 64bit issues exclusively. Try
    microsoft.public.windowsupdate. The folks who hang out there should be
    better equipped to troubleshoot your problem.

    One thing I would strongly suggest. Disable ANY overclocking you might be
    doing, and also make sure that your RAM and cabling, etc., is well seated.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    "Stryker Infantry" <> wrote in
    message news:D...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 5, 2007
  4. Stryker:
    For the "not turning my computer off" issue, check the power settings in BIOS.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007
  5. Well im guessing you didnt read the fact that I typed i was running Vista 64
    bit.
    The problem is that the updates are not sticking and I get a BSOD trying to
    restart.
    IE like the one in my reply.
    I'm also getting errors stating that Im running a 32 bit OS and trying to
    use a 64 bit installer and vice versa (which means no0 matter what im
    downloading im getting the exact opposite error IE 64bit OS/32 bit Installer,
    32bit OS/64bit installer.

    I'm guessing my only cure is to microwave my Vista CD, and my hardrive to
    the range and shoot it.

    In all honesty, I just got done with 15 months in Iraq, I spent money I
    earned with my blood...can you honestly say you bought something with hard
    earned money brought on by blood,sweat and tears? I can honestly say I used
    blood money to buy Vista 64 and in order to talk to tech support for MS i
    have to pay them more money????

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=, Oct 5, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Stryker:
    Charlies' answer addresses Vista x64 problems. Currently the Nvidia
    drivers for SLI cards is very similar to SOS, that's why many are switching
    to ATI video cards. Currently over-clocking can be very unstable. With the
    BSOD and issues with 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems sounds like this
    was an OEM build with a corrupt image installed. If you purchased this
    system complete contact the builder or supplier for a resolution. If this is
    a home built system, formatting the hard drive then installing Vista x64
    fresh should cure the problems. I'm not familiar with "Pure Edge" software
    but it may install properly if the .EXE file is run as an administrator or
    if it's installed in compatibility mode. Glad to hear that you're home safe.
    Have a great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64

    Dennis Pack, Oct 5, 2007
  7. I went through bios and the only 2 options was S1, and S3
    It was set for S1, and i changed it to S3.
    No dice still will not power off, OR restart. Sure it goes through the
    motions...LCD goes black, HD light goes then stops....fans continue to run,
    LCD Proc temp gauge on tower still runs, Thermal Lake AC unit still spins,
    and blue lights are still on inside the tower. Any guesses?

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=, Oct 5, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you installed your acpi drivers. Check in device manager to see if you
    have any !!! there.

    "Stryker Infantry" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, Oct 5, 2007
  9. Are you absolutely certain 64 bit Windows Vista is installed?
    Both 32 and 64 bit will install on 64 bit hardware and 32 bit Windows
    is what many get from OEMs with 64 bit hardware.
    Right click Computer and click Properties if unsure.

    Make sure the drivers are appropriate for your Windows, (64 bit
    drivers for 64 bit Windows)
    Only get drivers from the hardware manufacturers and avoid Beta
    drivers.
    Use only Windows Vista certified drivers.

    If there is any over clocking, undo it until you have resolved all
    issues.

    Power off and reseat all cables and connections.

    Try a Clean Install to see if problems go away.
    Since the computer is new, perhaps there is little if nothing to lose.

    If the computer cam from an OEM, contact them for support, you may
    have hardware issues.

    "in order to talk to tech support for MS i have to pay them more
    money"
    If Windows Vista is OEM, that is normal.
    Support for OEM, if available, comes from the seller and not
    Microsoft.
    If you built the computer yourself with OEM Windows, you provide all
    the support.
    One of the many reasons you pay less for OEM.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 5, 2007
  10. yeah it says they are properly installed, I went to update that and it said
    they were up to date and working properly

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=, Oct 5, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=

    Guest

    On Oct 4, 7:02 pm, "Dennis Pack" <>
    wrote:
    > Stryker:
    > Charlies' answer addresses Vista x64 problems. Currently the Nvidia
    > drivers for SLI cards is very similar to SOS, that's why many are switching
    > to ATI video cards. Currently over-clocking can be very unstable. With the
    > BSOD and issues with 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems sounds like this
    > was an OEM build with a corrupt image installed. If you purchased this
    > system complete contact the builder or supplier for a resolution. If this is
    > a home built system, formatting the hard drive then installing Vista x64
    > fresh should cure the problems. I'm not familiar with "Pure Edge" software
    > but it may install properly if the .EXE file is run as an administrator or
    > if it's installed in compatibility mode. Glad to hear that you're home safe.
    > Have a great day.
    >
    > --
    > Dennis Pack
    > XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64
    > Office Professional Plus 2007
    >
    > "Stryker Infantry" <> wrote in
    > messagenews:D...
    >
    > > So I had this Really nice gaming computer built. Its running this really
    > > great OS called Vista 64. (WTFE)

    > > Its causing a yellow line to run down my screen on the right side.
    > > Its not turning my computer off when i tell it to.
    > > Its not even being recognized as a 64bit OS when it comes to driver
    > > installs
    > > to fix the SLI issue im having with my 8800GTX's.
    > > Windows updates are not even installing because of "bad Installs" or so
    > > Vista tells me.
    > > Pure Edge Don't work. Thank god I'm a non-commissioned officer and have to
    > > use pure edge to counsel my fire team monthly.

    > > But on the good news Its recognizing my 4 gigs of ram.

    > > How can I fix these issues besides loading my .45 and putting it out of
    > > its
    > > misery and microwaving the Vista CD?

    > > Nvida tells me im trying to install a 64bit program on a 32bit OS, then
    > > tells me im trying to install a 32bit program on a 64bit OS.......along
    > > with
    > > the number of issues I'm having how can i fix this seriously?

    I changed over to ATI for the last 3 systems I built. Yeah, maybe
    Nvidia runs faster, but ATI cards are fast enough and much less
    trouble. I have no trouble using nvidia chipsets, i.e. for the mobo.
    Actually, to be more accurate, make that ATI chipsets on cards made
    from gigabyte. A bit OT, but the only gigabyte components I've found
    to be troublesome are their fans. One failed after a year, and another
    is making noise. I've been using zalman for replacements.

    , Oct 5, 2007
  12. Stryker:
    Does your power supply have enough muscle for your system?
    I mean, having two 8800GTX's places a heavy drain on the PS.
    I have not done the math but I guess that 800 watt would be the bare minimum
    for your rig.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=

    Eric Guest

    Stryker,
    From a fellow vet who just retired after 28 years combined service,
    "Welcome Home"! Glad you're safe.

    For those not in the know, in an effort to go "paperless", DoD (and
    other US Government agencies as well) purchased a program called
    PureEdge. Several States and Educational agencies have migrated to
    PureEdge as well. It is simular to Adobes PDF files, in that many of
    the documents/forms are electronic, you fill in the blanks, save it as
    a file, and can forward it in electronic form.

    Stryker, I've been out of the "IT" loop for a few months, so I would
    recommend that you check with your IT folks to see how you can go
    about contacting the folks at PureEdge to see if their software's
    Vista64 compatable, and/or if they have work arounds, etc. BUT,
    I'd hold off till you get the NIVIDA, BSOD, and Windows updates
    issues squared away first! Like others have suggested, if you
    purchased the system "out of the box" (pre-built), then your first
    call should be to the place you purchased it from.

    Good Luck :)

    Eric, Oct 5, 2007
  14. Indeed - and that might not even do it. In any case, any kind of Watt
    wouldn't do it. It would have to be prime quality Watt!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 5, 2007
  15. Moreover, unplugging one of the two graphic cards might also help in the
    debugging.
    I mean, eliminate SLI as one of the possible root causes.
    Your usual (and common sense) suggestion: unplug/disable all non-essential
    software in the debugging stage, right?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007
  16. Absolutely, if the car stops in the middle of nowhere check the easy things
    (gas & spark) before ordering a new engine!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 5, 2007
  17. I'm guessing that I DID see that you were running Vista. And my
    recommendations stand.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    "Stryker Infantry" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 5, 2007
  18. Yeah im running a 8800 SLI certified Thermal Lake 850w

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=, Oct 5, 2007
  19. Doing a clean install but its not letting me reformat. It just re-installed
    vista over the old instance. Sorry bout being rude, but i got a few anger
    issues im working to fix, and I dont like wasting money....let alone little
    over 3k.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RyeWtlciBJbmZhbnRyeQ==?=, Oct 5, 2007
  20. Stryker:
    I would still try unplugging one of the two 8800's during this debugging
    stage.
    Regarding the issue that Vista does not allow you to reformat during the
    installation stage, have you tried asking it to delete the partition and then
    reformat it?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 5, 2007