    Can the 2X converter be used with the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM zoom
    lens. the camera used is the Canon 20D.
    Thank you for your reply.

    Marge, Apr 22, 2005

  2. Marge

    Don Guest

    Yes it can but you will loose your autofocus.

    regards

    Don from Down Under

    Don, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Marge

    Tony Guest

    Not the Canon TC but Most other brands in EF mount can be used. The Canon is
    designed to fit only the "L" series lenses.
    I use a Kenko Pro 300 with mine. I used to use a Kenko MC-7 (which is the
    same as the Tamron SP). These are worth using but ther ewill be a quality
    hit. Do not go for the Vivitar or unknown (ie "house") brands as you will
    get completely unnacceptable pictures. There is a Sigma but it will probably
    have compatibility problems and therefore should be avoided.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony, Apr 22, 2005
  4. Marge

    nk Guest

    I have the 75-300 and my wife bought me the canon 2x it does not fit.
    If you get a 2x it has to be from another company.

    Nath

    nk, Apr 22, 2005
  5. Marge

    Guest

    In message <a01ae.19545$>,
    "Don" <> wrote:

    >Yes it can but you will loose your autofocus.

    Lose? The 75-300 IS can barely autofocus *without* a TC.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Apr 23, 2005
  6. Marge

    Guest

    In message <>,
    "Marge" <> wrote:

    >Can the 2X converter be used with the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM zoom
    >lens. the camera used is the Canon 20D.
    >Thank you for your reply.

    The Canon ones will not fit that lens. It really doesn't matter though,
    as that lens really is not sharp enough to warrant the use of a TC. TCs
    only work well with sharp lenses; lenses that are so sharp that the
    camera is the limiting factor when used without a TC. You'd have to
    stop down to about f22 to get anything extra out of that lens, and what
    little extra you'd get can probably all be had with a 1.4x.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Apr 23, 2005
  7. Marge

    Tumbleweed Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > In message <a01ae.19545$>,
    > "Don" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Yes it can but you will loose your autofocus.

    > Lose? The 75-300 IS can barely autofocus *without* a TC.
    > --

    I had to send mine back to Canon RCC after the AF started going
    intermittant. Now I've got it back it absolutely snaps into focus...I'm
    wondering if they've fitted an improved motor?

    Tumbleweed, Apr 23, 2005
  8. <> wrote:

    > TCs
    > only work well with sharp lenses; lenses that are so sharp that the
    > camera is the limiting factor when used without a TC.

    Speaking of TCs, I wonder if you or anyone has tried any TCs with the
    85/1.8? That would still be a reasonably fast lens with a 1.4x TC, and as
    long as anything I'd have use for with a 2x...

    (The worst thing about Canon is that you have to decide between the 85/1.8
    and the 100/2.0. On a 1x camera, I'd take the 85/1.8 in conjunction with the
    17-40 and shut up and take pictures. But on a 1.6x camera there's a
    temptation to play with longer lenses, but the 85's not all that much longer
    than my 28-75/2.8.)

    (The subtext here is that while I get away quite well handholding my 110/2.8
    on my 645 camera, my 150mm absolutely requires at least monopod support for
    acceptable quality images.)

    David J. Littleboy
    Who's longest lens is 150mm, and that's on 645.
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Apr 23, 2005
  9. Marge

    Marius Guest