2nd-thought dot coma

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ellis_jay, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    I ran free scan of Spydoctor and it identified the program indicated in
    subject line of this post. After Googling I determined, among other
    options, that I should run Regedit on this Winxp and look in HKLM Software
    windows current Run an entry of stcloader but it was not there in the
    registry. False positive?

    I suppose I will now have to run some other scanners and put in time I just
    don't need to spend. Crap! I ran Housecall from TrendMicro yesterday and
    it found nothing. Of course, the teens used this computer after school-so
    who knows......

    Any ideas or experience with this possible Hijacker/tracker?

    tia

    --
    He released government from the restraint of law.
    ____Lord Acton on Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), George W. Bush, and the

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, Apr 7, 2005

  2. ellis_jay

    carson Guest

    "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    > I ran free scan of Spydoctor and it identified the program indicated in
    > subject line of this post. After Googling I determined, among other
    > options, that I should run Regedit on this Winxp and look in HKLM

    Software
    > windows current Run an entry of stcloader but it was not there in the
    > registry. False positive?
    >
    > I suppose I will now have to run some other scanners and put in time I

    just
    > don't need to spend. Crap! I ran Housecall from TrendMicro yesterday and
    > it found nothing. Of course, the teens used this computer after school-so
    > who knows......
    >
    > Any ideas or experience with this possible Hijacker/tracker?
    >
    > tia

    It's a scam!!!!
    from
    SpyDoctor
    healthycomputerclub.com
    nospyware.info
    false positives work as goad to purchase
    (1); poor scan reporting
    (1); same app as #1 Spyware Killer, Max Privacy Protector, Spyinator,
    SpyKiller 2004, SpyLax, SpySpotter, SpywareThis, & Spyware Protection Pro;
    Ad-aware knockoff; no longer available (succeeded by SpyLax) - Note: not to
    be confused w/ Spyware Doctor, a completely different app by another company
    [A: 6-29-04 / U: 10-25-04]
    carson, Apr 7, 2005

  3. ellis_jay

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Download, update and use both, Adaware and SpyBot - free versions.
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    MrGrumpy, Apr 7, 2005
  4. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    carson wrote:
    > "ellis_jay" <> wrote in message
    >> I ran free scan of Spydoctor and it identified the program indicated
    >> in subject line of this post. After Googling I determined, among
    >> other options, that I should run Regedit on this Winxp and look in
    >> HKLM Software windows current Run an entry of stcloader but it was
    >> not there in the registry. False positive?
    >>
    >> I suppose I will now have to run some other scanners and put in time
    >> I just don't need to spend. Crap! I ran Housecall from TrendMicro
    >> yesterday and it found nothing. Of course, the teens used this
    >> computer after school-so who knows......
    >>
    >> Any ideas or experience with this possible Hijacker/tracker?
    >>
    >> tia
    >>

    > It's a scam!!!!
    > from
    > http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm
    > SpyDoctor
    > healthycomputerclub.com
    > nospyware.info
    > false positives work as goad to purchase
    > (1); poor scan reporting
    > (1); same app as #1 Spyware Killer, Max Privacy Protector, Spyinator,
    > SpyKiller 2004, SpyLax, SpySpotter, SpywareThis, & Spyware Protection
    > Pro; Ad-aware knockoff; no longer available (succeeded by SpyLax) -
    > Note: not to be confused w/ Spyware Doctor, a completely different
    > app by another company [A: 6-29-04 / U: 10-25-04]

    Sorry. It WAs SpywareDoctor and not Spydoctor..........

    ellis_jay, Apr 7, 2005
  5. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    MrGrumpy wrote:
    > Download, update and use both, Adaware and SpyBot - free versions.
    > http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

    Thanx.. I use Adaware S.E. and Spybot Search and Destroy and both have been
    updated. I was in error, it was SpyWare Doctor and NOT Spydoctor. my
    bad....

    ellis_jay, Apr 7, 2005