2nd partition of disk 2 ALWAYS needs to run CHKDSK

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jaze, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. jaze

    jaze Guest

    EVERY time I boot my PC, CHKDSK needs to run for drive E. I let it.
    whether I reboot immediately or later, CHKDSK runs again. I've tried
    Norton Disk Doctor also, to no avail.
    Naturally, I can't defrag drive E due to the impending CHKDSK. I tried
    to clone (image) the partitions onto another drive so I could reformat
    drive 1, but I can't start the copy due to the need to run CHKDSK.

    Drive 0 = 18.2GB U160 HDD (C) - FAT32
    Drive 1 = ATA/100 20GB partition 1 (D). 91GB partition 2 (E) - NTFS

    Windows XP Pro, 2.6GHz, 1GB, MX440 64MB, ASUS P4 MoBo, UltraPlex Wide
    UW CD-ROM, external USB 2.0 CD/RW, wireless keyboard/mouse, scanner,
    printer, yada, yada, yada.
    NAV 2003 Pro, Ad-Aware Pro 6.0.181, PestPatrol Corporate v4.2.0.53,
    Diskeeper v8.0.459 Pro, Zone Alarm v4.0.146.029

    Any legitimate suggestions? How about an MS KB article addressing this
    issue?

    -Jaze
    jaze, Sep 5, 2003