2nd monitor questions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by diesel, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. diesel

    diesel Guest

    hi

    i have just brought a 2nd hand tft screen (philips 150S3) and plugged it
    into my pc.

    when i turn the pc on both monitors show the bios post screen and the
    windows loading screens, but once the desktop comes on the tft goes into
    sleep mode.

    now i have told the display properties that there is a 2nd monitor and even
    selected the extend desktop option. unfortunatly i still get this happening.

    my first thought was that the 2nd output from my card is not a d-sub but the
    newer type (cant remember what its called off the top of my head, the larger
    connector type used for lcd monitors) i have an addaptor fitted and i
    wondered if that could be the problem.

    however if the signal is coming through ok the adapter cant be the problem
    right?

    also i have p&p monitor drivers installed for it as i cant find a driver (on
    a english page) using google so if there are any drivers that i need can i
    please be pointed in the right direction?

    all help will be apreaceated
    diesel, Jan 8, 2005

  2. diesel

    Scrote Guest

    diesel wrote:
    >> hi
    >>
    >> i have just brought a 2nd hand tft screen (philips 150S3) and
    >> plugged it into my pc.
    >>
    >> when i turn the pc on both monitors show the bios post screen and the
    >> windows loading screens, but once the desktop comes on the tft goes
    >> into sleep mode.
    >>
    >> now i have told the display properties that there is a 2nd monitor
    >> and even selected the extend desktop option. unfortunatly i still
    >> get this happening.
    >>
    >> my first thought was that the 2nd output from my card is not a d-sub
    >> but the newer type (cant remember what its called off the top of my
    >> head, the larger connector type used for lcd monitors) i have an
    >> addaptor fitted and i wondered if that could be the problem.
    >>
    >> however if the signal is coming through ok the adapter cant be the
    >> problem right?
    >>
    >> also i have p&p monitor drivers installed for it as i cant find a
    >> driver (on a english page) using google so if there are any drivers
    >> that i need can i please be pointed in the right direction?
    >>
    >> all help will be apreaceated

    Which graphics card are you using?
    --
    Most fools think they are only ignorant.
    -- Benjamin Franklin
    Scrote, Jan 8, 2005

  3. diesel

    diesel Guest

    hi

    sorry i forgot to mention that its a nvidia GeForce FX 5600

    diesel, Jan 8, 2005
  4. diesel

    diesel Guest

    hi

    i should have said, its a nvidia geforce fx 5600

    hth

    diesel, Jan 8, 2005
  5. diesel

    Scrote Guest

    diesel wrote:
    >> hi
    >>
    >> i should have said, its a nvidia geforce fx 5600
    >>
    >> hth
    >>
    >> On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:44:01 -0000, "Scrote"
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> Which graphics card are you using?

    1.Get latest drivers for your operating system here
    http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp .
    2.Uninstall present driver. It should be in Add/Remove programs in
    Control Panel.
    3.Reboot.
    4.Navigate to, then double click on driver at (1.)
    5.Use & READ wizards to configure screen use/layout.

    HTH

    Scrote, Jan 8, 2005
  6. diesel

    diesel Guest