    instructions, I really would appreciate it.

    Thank you in advance,
    Mark Ferrante
    FERRANTE, Jan 3, 2004

  2. FERRANTE

    FERRANTE Guest

    I forgot to mention that the new hard drive is the main hard drive, if
    that matters.

    Thanks,
    Mark
    FERRANTE, Jan 3, 2004

  3. FERRANTE

    mark mandel Guest

    "FERRANTE" <> wrote in message
    > I have an older machine, Pentium 120 and recently had additional
    > memory installed, new power supply, and a new hard drive. I have a
    > second hard driver still on the machine.
    >
    > Now when I boot up, the computer recognizes the new HD, but will not
    > recognize the older one. I really do not know what to do, so I hope
    > someone can help me. If you know how to correct this and can give me
    > instructions, I really would appreciate it.
    >
    > Thank you in advance,
    > Mark Ferrante

    Re-check the cable connections to the drives but also make certain that the
    jumper configuration is correct. If they're connected on the same IDE
    controller cable, one needs to be set as "master" and the other "slave"(I
    realize you may already know that but it's a critical setting all the same).

    mark mandel, Jan 4, 2004
  4. check the jumpers.
    one should be set as slave the main as master.

    *** E-mail is shut off ***
    Developwebsites, Jan 4, 2004