    be much better able to take advantage of dual core and multiple processors
    than XP. "

    Any Beta testers here that can confirm that? And by the way why?

    luisalejandro_1, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Appropriate group for Windows Vista questions:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvis...help&mid=f2d71c61-e07c-42fb-92cd-e47b69cb29a9

    Vista is still a major work in progress and its just too tricky to really
    determine the official requirements, I would wait on beta 2 to start making
    some assumptions. And even then it will still be too early since it is not
    expected to RTM until late 2006.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 20, 2005

  3. luisalejandro_1 wrote:
    > I was reading an article on WinXPnews:
    > "In general, today's high end machines should be able to run Vista.
    > Beta testers have found that Vista needs at least 512 MB of RAM, with
    > 1 GB being the "sweet spot." That's unless you're running the 64 bit
    > version, for which you'll need (gulp) 2 GB for best performance.
    > You'll also want SATA hard disks, preferably SATA 2. Processor speed
    > is less critical, but Vista will be much better able to take
    > advantage of dual core and multiple processors than XP. "
    >
    > Any Beta testers here that can confirm that? And by the way why?

    Naw. Ignore it. The main problem with Vista x64 is the same with XP x64....
    lack of drivers. :(

    --
    Wayne Wastier
    Z-80 - AMD-64

    Wayne Wastier, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Those memory numbers are high, IMHO. Not to say you won't see a benefit from
    more RAM -- you will, just as you do today.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 20, 2005