2Gig Ram Stick..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Tony, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Resents brought a 2Gig Ram stick one of the nicer and faster ones after
    reading a review on this one, it clams it was faster than a USB hard drive..

    Well I can't find that review but I did a simple test..

    A Full review of a number of brands are at the bottom of this post.

    The Transcend has a retractable plug, no cap to loose

    http://www.transcendusa.com/Products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=68&SpNo=1&LangNo=0

    Well made up 2 full CD's ISO files and copied them to the Stick in 1 min 14
    sec..

    A 700megs of Rar files 48 sec.

    Ascent has them at a good price..

    There are a few faster ones like the

    Lexar Jumpdrive Lightning flash, just now listed here but only 1Gig listed,
    but no stock listed.

    And

    Corsair Flash VoyagerTM USB 2.0 Drives

    http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/flash_memory.html

    Waterproof.

    *** Not sold here.

    A-Data make some but I don't know how fast they are

    http://www.adata.com.tw/en/p-f1-02.htm

    And from some comments I have read it can depend on what Flash rams that are
    fitted at the time.

    Here is a review of most of them..

    http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/flash2005.ars/1

    For the price the Transcend was reasonable and came out near the top..
    Tony, Jul 28, 2005