    John Oliver Guest

    If I move a port out of VLAN 1, I no longer get traffic info via SNMP.
    How can I fix that? I want my VLANs *and* traffic info :)

    John Oliver, Jun 21, 2006

  2. John Oliver

    SAto Guest

    John Oliver skrev:
    > If I move a port out of VLAN 1, I no longer get traffic info via SNMP.
    > How can I fix that? I want my VLANs *and* traffic info :)

    What traffic info are you monitoring.
    Changing vlans should not change any of the interface specific
    counters.

    you may want to turn on the "snmp-server ifindex persist" to prevent
    ports remapped in the snmp tree when creating or removing ports/vlans.

    -SAto

    SAto, Jun 22, 2006

  3. John Oliver

    John Oliver Guest

    On 22 Jun 2006 00:06:31 -0700, SAto wrote:

    > John Oliver skrev:
    >> If I move a port out of VLAN 1, I no longer get traffic info via SNMP.
    >> How can I fix that? I want my VLANs *and* traffic info :)

    > What traffic info are you monitoring.

    IfInOctets and IfOutOctets

    > Changing vlans should not change any of the interface specific
    > counters.

    I agree... it "should" not. But it does :) Or, to be fair, it does as
    far as MRTG is concerned. MRTG assigns an "interface number" rather
    than using a raw OID. I suppose it's possible that the OID is changing
    with the VLAN assignment... hmmm...

    > you may want to turn on the "snmp-server ifindex persist" to prevent
    > ports remapped in the snmp tree when creating or removing ports/vlans.

    Thanks for that thought! I'll look into it.

    John Oliver, Jun 22, 2006