    or SPAN. I am using Colasoft Capsa network monitoring software and
    want to view all the lan/wan/internet traffic.

    Thank you in advance.
    Wackamo, Aug 13, 2007

  2. Wackamo

    Trendkill Guest

    On Aug 13, 5:47 pm, Wackamo <> wrote:
    > I am looking for some assistance setting up port monitoring on a 2960
    > switch via a web interface. I have setup port monitoring on other
    > Cisco switches and believe I used the web interface to do so as I am
    > not familiar with the CLI. However, I went all throught the 2960 web
    > interface and found no reference to port monitoring, port mirrorring
    > or SPAN. I am using Colasoft Capsa network monitoring software and
    > want to view all the lan/wan/internet traffic.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    You use the 'monitor' command on those I believe:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products..._guide_chapter09186a00805fde07.html#wp1036816
    Trendkill, Aug 13, 2007

  3. Wackamo

    Wackamo Guest

    On Aug 13, 5:51 pm, Trendkill <> wrote:
    > On Aug 13, 5:47 pm, Wackamo <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking for some assistance setting up port monitoring on a 2960
    > > switch via a web interface. I have setup port monitoring on other
    > > Cisco switches and believe I used the web interface to do so as I am
    > > not familiar with the CLI. However, I went all throught the 2960 web
    > > interface and found no reference to port monitoring, port mirrorring
    > > or SPAN. I am using Colasoft Capsa network monitoring software and
    > > want to view all the lan/wan/internet traffic.

    > > Thank you in advance.

    > You use the 'monitor' command on those I believe:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6406/products_configuration_gui...

    Trendkill,

    TNX for response. I see that I can configure this with CLI but I was
    hoping to set it up with the Web Interface as I am not familiar with
    the CLI.
    Wackamo, Aug 13, 2007
  4. Wackamo

    Guest

    On 13 Aug, 22:47, Wackamo <> wrote:
    > I am looking for some assistance setting up port monitoring on a 2960
    > switch via a web interface. I have setup port monitoring on other
    > Cisco switches and believe I used the web interface to do so as I am
    > not familiar with the CLI. However, I went all throught the 2960 web
    > interface and found no reference to port monitoring, port mirrorring
    > or SPAN. I am using Colasoft Capsa network monitoring software and
    > want to view all the lan/wan/internet traffic.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.

    The CLI is pretty straightforward. I get the idea
    that not too many people here use the web thing.

    All you need to type is

    en
    <your.password>
    conf t
    monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/2
    monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/5
    end

    sw02>enable
    !! Do password stuff
    sw02#config terminal
    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNT
    sw02(config)#mon sess 1 sou ?
    interface SPAN source interface

    !!! get some help
    sw02(config)#mon sess 1 sou int fa 0/2 ?
    , Specify another range of interfaces
    - Specify a range of interfaces
    both Monitor received and transmitted traffic
    rx Monitor received traffic only
    tx Monitor transmitted traffic only
    <cr>

    sw02(config)#mon sess 1 sou int fa 0/2 both
    sw02(config)#mon sess 1 dest int fa 0/5 ?
    <cr>

    sw02(config)#mon sess 1 dest int fa 0/5
    sw02(config)#end

    sw02#sh mon sess 1
    Session 1
    ---------
    Source Ports:
    RX Only: None
    TX Only: None
    Both: Fa0/2
    Destination Ports: Fa0/5

    sw02#

    sw02#sh run | inc session
    monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/2
    monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/5
    sw02#

    !! To save over reboot
    sw02# copy running-config startu

    All you need to type is

    en
    conf t
    monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/2
    monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/5
    end

    To turn off:

    en
    conf t