2950 to 3500 fiber connection

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by greg, May 12, 2004.

  1. greg

    greg Guest

    We have a 3500 with a fiber module we are trying to connect to a 2590
    with a fiber module. So far, we get a link light on both ends but no
    network access. We are pretty much lost. It seems like this would be
    a fairly simple configuration issue but we simply don't know. Any
    guru's out there want to offer up a suggestion?

    bldg1 bldg2

    - cat5
    = fiber

    3500 -|
    3500 -|
    3500 -|
    =|===== fiber ===== - 2950

    thanks
    greg

    greg, May 12, 2004

  2. greg

    ex-Zephion Guest

    greg wrote:

    >We have a 3500 with a fiber module we are trying to connect to a 2590
    >with a fiber module. So far, we get a link light on both ends but no
    >network access. We are pretty much lost. It seems like this would be
    >a fairly simple configuration issue but we simply don't know. Any
    >guru's out there want to offer up a suggestion?
    >
    >bldg1 bldg2
    >
    >- cat5
    >= fiber
    >
    >3500 -|
    >3500 -|
    >3500 -|
    > =|===== fiber ===== - 2950
    >

    >thanks
    >greg

    I'll assume you're using vlans... Is this link a trunk? are all the
    vlans being trunked across?

    Does "show interfaces gig0/1 trunk" or "show interfaces gig0/2 trunk"
    provide the appropriate info?

    Can you ping the management interfaces from the swtiches themselves?

    Posting configs (minus passwords and real IPs) may be helpful.

    Ben

    ex-Zephion, May 12, 2004