    Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

    Rgds,

    Terry.
    TF, Oct 10, 2004

  2. TF

    Toby Guest

    "TF" <> wrote in message
    news:ckasuu$jo2$1$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to create a simple vlan to get some equipment off our main
    > network. I've created a vlan across a couple of 2950's using trunk links
    > successfully but now I'd like to be able to route between the vlan and the
    > rest of our lan (and later add acl's but thats another issue).
    >
    > I have a 2600 router with 2 ethernet interfaces, do I need to use both
    > i/f's or should I configure a subinterface, and should I plug the router
    > into a trunk port on the switch?
    >
    > Any help / advice greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Rgds,
    >
    > Terry.

    Are the 2600 Ethernet ports standard 10M ports or FastEthernet 10/100M

    If they are standard then you will need to use both ports and connect them
    to the switch without using trunking.

    If they are fastEthernet then you can use 2 subinterfaces off one interface
    ensuring the encapsulation type is set the same as on the switch and use a
    trunk port.

    Toby
    Toby, Oct 10, 2004

  3. If you want to do InterVLAN routing via SubIf you will need IP PLUS feasture
    set

    AJ

    Fatman Superstar, Oct 10, 2004
  4. Hi,

    Yes, you can use sub-interfaces (trunking) if you have an IOS Plus image
    loaded onto the router. The 261x series routers have 10Mbps interfaces and
    can only handle sub-interfaces with a recent version of IOS's.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Oct 10, 2004
  5. TF

    TF Guest

    Thanks for the replies chaps!

    Am I right in thinking that if my router does not have IP Plus I can
    connect one interface to the vlan ports on the 2950 and the other into
    the non-vlan ports and route between the two?

    Thanks,

    Terry.

    TF, Oct 11, 2004
  6. TF <> writes:

    > Am I right in thinking that if my router does not have IP Plus I can
    > connect one interface to the vlan ports on the 2950 and the other into
    > the non-vlan ports and route between the two?

    Yes.

    -jav
    Javier Henderson, Oct 11, 2004
  7. TF

    HHMinhKhai

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hi All of you!
    Can you tell me more detail : how to connect and routing from Vlans (Cisco2950 switch) to LANs Or WANs with Cisco 2600 router .
    Thanks,
    HHMinhKhai, Oct 30, 2006
  8. TF

    bedoel

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    2950-A ----- 2950-B ------ 2600

    2600:
    check if it can be in 802.1Q trunking
    subinterface it like this
    f0/0.1
    encapsulation dot1q 1
    ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
    make as many vlan u use

    not to forget 2950-B u have to make 2 trunking 1 to 2950-A & 1 to 2600

    hope it'l work
    bedoel, Oct 31, 2006
  9. TF

    HHMinhKhai

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hi bedoel !
    Thank for your reply.
    After routing Inter VLAN :
    I want to route VLans to WAN (connect to serial Interface on 2600 Router)
    Can You help me ?
    Thank .
    HHMinhKhai, Nov 1, 2006
  10. TF

    bedoel

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    in router it's just network layer work (IP) so you just use static or dynamic routing whatever, or if u use for internet perhaps u can use NAT.
    bedoel, Nov 1, 2006