    Groups, hope to be able to help others in other areas.

    Jon

    , Feb 9, 2007

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Smokey Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I bought 2 2948G switches, and want to restore the default settings,
    > however for some reason I am unable to do it. I tried looking all over
    > the Cisco site and of course there is no information. I believe its a
    > L2 and believe me with my office, it is over kill we only have 20 or
    > so people and around 40 computers, but well I just wanted to play on
    > it since its been around 2 years since I took my CCNA.
    >
    > Anyways, anyone know how to restore the default settings when you dont
    > know the password on a 2948G? I must warn you the info. on the Cisco
    > site is incorrect, it says unplug it, push the power button and replug
    > it in, etc. Well this unit has no power button....., Neither unit does
    > actually.
    >
    > Thanks to all for the help in advance, its my first time using Google
    > Groups, hope to be able to help others in other areas.
    >
    > Jon

    I believe it is the mode button under the LED's on the front interface.

    Smokey, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Guest

    Hi and thanks for the fast response. The unit does not have any
    buttons, sorry if I didnt explain that good enough above. There are no
    MODE or anything buttons on this unit, anywhere.

    Thanks again
    Jon

    , Feb 9, 2007
  5. Guest

    Brad

    Thanks for the fast response, the link sent, while nice and
    informative for your area, and things, it points back to the page I
    was at all morning :->

    I am unsure, Cisco keeps referring to turning it off and power buttons
    and things and I finally located a picture or drawing of this exact
    unit and the numbers are not incorrect, so its really a 2948G just it
    does not show how to actually reflash the flash when there is not a
    button to push and hold down anywhere, weird.

    Thanks again
    Jon

    , Feb 9, 2007
  6. Brian V Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi and thanks for the fast response. The unit does not have any
    > buttons, sorry if I didnt explain that good enough above. There are no
    > MODE or anything buttons on this unit, anywhere.
    >
    > Thanks again
    > Jon

    Perhaps you have a 2948G-L3? If thats the case follow these instructions.
    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_cat2948GL3.shtml

    If it's a plain ole 2948G then boot the switch, in the first 30 seconds
    there is no password, so tyoe enable then enter, if it asks for a password
    hit enter again. You are now in privledged mode and can delete the config.

    http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/compass/common/activities/password_cat_6000CatOS.htm

    Brian V, Feb 9, 2007