    phoneline?

    Thank you,
    lcx

    DLX, Jul 16, 2007

  2. DLX

    Nicolinux Guest

    "DLX" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently working on my 70-291 and until RAS, i managed to test most
    > of the windows components within a VMware environment. Since i understand
    > that RAS was THE critical chapter, i tried to configured the Microsft self
    > paced environement (2 RAS servers with 2 differents phoneline) but it
    > looks like VMware adds some routing complexity that prevent the
    > communication between both servers.
    >
    > Anyway, i wanted to know how you guys test RAS without investing in a
    > second phoneline?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > lcx

    I use i phone line simulator. is just a box with two phone plug where you
    can link two modems. You can find for a few money

    --
    Lodo Nicolino
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    Nicolinux, Jul 17, 2007

  3. DLX

    DLX Guest

    Thanks! i didn't know about this option.

    Actually before buying it, I found an alternative for a VMware environement.
    Since I keep getting an error 619 when I try to dial out (or dial in)
    between a virtual machine (bridged network) and a physical server on the
    same network, I use this solution:

    To use & test RAS or VPN connectivity between virtual machine using vmware

    1] In the virtual machine configuraton verify that serial port is available,
    if not add it. Make sure that u select the appropriate setting that says
    "NAMED Pipe" & " this is the server end" or the client end etc

    2] start the virtual machines, verify that the serial port is listed under
    device manager, uninstall unwanted additional serial ports u may see under
    device manager.

    3] next, Install & configure ur modem. This would be selected as a
    "comminication cable between two machine using serial or parellel ports"
    called as the null modem

    4] next setup RAS or VPN at the server end

    5] setup the othe end as RAS/VPN client

    link: http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t41913.html

    DLX

    DLX, Jul 19, 2007
  4. DLX

    Jaco Niemand Guest

    I have done my 291 about a couple of months ago.
    I don't think that the RAS is the "CRITICAL" chapter. Not trying to say that
    you shouldn't study it, but I got Loads of questions regarding subnetting,
    DNS, DHCP.

    I think that is the three topics that is being tested the most in that exam.

    Jaco Niemand, Sep 1, 2007