290: SP's / R2

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Kurt, Jun 29, 2007.

  1. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    Hi,

    Two years ago i completed my 70-271 & 70-272 for my LCDST credential
    and started a new function in a new company because of it (thank you
    MS) as a first line support operator. It was my plan to keep studying
    for my MCSA and bought the MS Press book of 290 ...

    Because i lacked the real-life experience of Server 2003 it didn't go
    as planned and i concentrated on tjhe new job and focussed on some
    hands-on experience. Now i moved to a new position and need to get my
    MCSA so i started studying again and will take my exam next wednesday.

    Now for my question:

    My study materials don't cover any SP's or R2 stuff and I don't want
    to buy a new book ... Are there any new subjects that are important to
    get covered before my exam?

    With kind regards,

    Kurt

    Kurt, Jun 29, 2007

  2. "Kurt" <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >

    > Two years ago i completed my 70-271 & 70-272 for my LCDST credential
    > and started a new function in a new company because of it (thank you
    > MS) as a first line support operator. It was my plan to keep studying
    > for my MCSA and bought the MS Press book of 290 ...
    >
    > Because i lacked the real-life experience of Server 2003 it didn't go
    > as planned and i concentrated on tjhe new job and focussed on some
    > hands-on experience. Now i moved to a new position and need to get my
    > MCSA so i started studying again and will take my exam next wednesday.
    >

    > Now for my question:
    >

    > My study materials don't cover any SP's or R2 stuff and I don't want
    > to buy a new book ... Are there any new subjects that are important to
    > get covered before my exam?
    >

    > With kind regards,
    >
    > Kurt

    I know from Microsoft Learning that R2 is not tested.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 29, 2007

  3. However, I would make sure you understand what does and does not work with
    regard to XP and 2000pro service packs.

    Jason Fraioli, Jul 3, 2007
  4. "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <> wrote in
    message news::

    Oh and SP2 is not tested either. Microsoft realized that some will not
    or have not deployed SP2.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jul 3, 2007
  5. Kurt

    Beowulf Guest

    The Microsoft Press 70-290 Second Edition (2006) clarifies the Sp1 & R2 info
    for this exam (I hope!)
    "Recognize the security improvements introduced by SP1"
    "Understand the role of Windows Server 2003 R2 in the product lifecycle"
    "The 70-290 exam includes SP1, but it does not test your knowledge of
    features introduced by R2. Therefore, the practices in this book assume you
    have not installed R2 features."
    Hope this helps.
    - Beowulf, getting close to taking 70-290 and definitely over-studying for it!

    Beowulf, Sep 3, 2007