    does any one know if you can use multiple discounts in the back of these
    books?
    Thank you

    Chris Hardy, Aug 8, 2009

  2. Chris Hardy

    John R Guest

    "Chris Hardy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello all,
    > I have my MCITP and MCTS, and on my cert. planner it shows
    > to get my MCSA I would only need to pass 290-291 and to obtain my MCSE I
    > would have to pass 290,291,293, & 294. I'm studying for these with the
    > press books and practice exams. If any one could confirm this it would be
    > helpful. Also does any one know if you can use multiple discounts in the
    > back of these books?
    > Thank you

    Two points.

    1. I would believe the cert planner.
    2. It would be helpful for us to verify if you tell us what tests you have
    passed. There are many different MCTS certs, and a good many MCITPs, but if
    we know the actual test numbers, we could easily verify.

    Good job so far!

    John R.

    John R, Aug 9, 2009

  3. Chris Hardy

    Chris Hardy Guest

    From what the cert planner says the exams I passed (70-620, 623) don't
    really count towards the MCSE/MCSA. I plan to take these along with the A+ &
    Network+. Hard times makes it difficult to come up with the money to take
    them all when I want, but gives me plenty of time to study. Thanks for the
    response

    Chris Hardy, Aug 11, 2009
  4. Hi.

    AFAIK exam 70-620 (configuring Vista) fullfills the need of the client
    exam, A+ & N+ together the need for an elective exam for the MCSA path
    (if MS knows about them, so share those CompTIA certs with them ;o) ).

    So you need to pass only 290 + 291 to get MCSA.

    Greets

    Harald

    Harald Rüdinger, Aug 13, 2009
  5. The press books and practice exams will help you in preparing for the exams.
    I use the press book and Testout in my preparation. About the discounts, I
    will not expect much on it. When I present the discount on my testing center
    they told me that is was already been used, but that book is brand new and
    I'm the only one who uses it. I hope your discount will have no problems.
    Good luck!

    Edwin M. Barawid
    MCSA, MCTS

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4340 (20090816) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Edwin Barawid MCSA MCTS, Aug 17, 2009
  6. "Edwin Barawid MCSA MCTS" <> wrote in message
    > The press books and practice exams will help you in preparing for the
    > exams. I use the press book and Testout in my preparation. About the
    > discounts, I will not expect much on it. When I present the discount on my
    > testing center they told me that is was already been used, but that book
    > is brand new and I'm the only one who uses it. I hope your discount will
    > have no problems. Good luck!

    The discount coupons in those books expired eons ago.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Aug 17, 2009
  7. Chris Hardy

    Chris Hardy Guest

    Thanks to all that have replied, I'm going to take 290 in a month or so and
    start working on 291. I have had no problem using the vouchers, it only
    saves me 15% but anything is better than nothing right now. Thanks & best of
    luck to all

    Chris Hardy, Aug 23, 2009