2811 Async config

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Gordon Montgomery, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. I just removed a 2611 and replaced it with a 2811. I am
    using the same 16 port async card. ( Took it out of the
    2611 and placed it in the 2811) The programming is as
    follows:

    !
    interface Async1/0
    ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
    encapsulation ppp
    async mode interactive
    peer default ip address a.b.c.d (local net)
    ppp authentication chap
    routing dynamic
    !
    interface Async1/1
    ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
    encapsulation ppp
    async dynamic routing
    async mode interactive
    peer default ip address a.b.c.e (local net)
    ppp authentication chap ms-chap pap
    routing dynamic
    !
    !
    interface Async1/2
    ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
    encapsulation ppp
    async dynamic routing
    async mode interactive
    peer default ip address a.b.c.f (local net)
    ppp authentication chap ms-chap pap
    !

    line 1/0 1/15
    session-timeout 30 output
    modem InOut
    transport input all
    autoselect ppp
    speed 115200
    flowcontrol hardware

    I have tried various configs ( as shown by the two different configs )
    but I have the following problem. Once the modem connects, I can
    ping around the local network ( a.b.c.x ) just fine. Even able to browse
    some local web pages. But as soon as I try anything outside of
    my network, nothing happens. The computers connected to the
    local network ( FastEthernet0/0 ) have no problem. The config
    shown for Async1/2 is the exact config that worked for years with
    the 2611. I am stumped. Please someone shed some light on this.

    Thanks,

    Gordon Montgomery
    Living Scriptures, Inc
    (anti spam - replace lsi with livingscriptures)
    (801) 627-2000
    Gordon Montgomery, Jun 4, 2005