    rate with the 2801's power supply?

    TIA,
    john
    John S., Dec 6, 2006

  2. "John S." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have a fair number of 2801s installed around the world. We have
    > experienced quite a few power supply failures. I'm not sure of the
    > exact number and the percentages... but it sure seems high to me. (I'm
    > actually posting this for my boss... i'm not a network guy.... ) I
    > think we've lost something like 9 power supplies in the last 12
    > months... this is out of about 90 units... I can go years without
    > loosing a power supply in one of my 120 servers that I manage...
    >
    > So my questions is, is anyone else experiencing this kind of all out
    > rate with the 2801's power supply?

    we run around 150 C2801, and around 15 other 2800's, like 2811 and 2851
    We have not yet seen any powerfailures !
    We run 230 vac, and 50 hz
    We have had them around for like 1½ year

    HTH
    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Dec 6, 2006

  3. www.BradReese.Com, Dec 8, 2006
  4. John S.

    John S. Guest

    On Dec 8, 5:12 am, "www.BradReese.Com" <> wrote:
    > Hi John,
    >
    > What is the P/N displayed on the labels of your failed power supplys?
    >
    > Troubleshooting the Power and Cooling Systems
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_installation_guid...
    >
    > Cisco 2800 Series Router Hardware Troubleshooting
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_tech_note09186a00...
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Brad Reese
    > Cisco Repair and Hardware Troubleshootinghttp://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

    Thanks for the reply and the links...

    Just go and e-mail from the boss... he said he has a long story to tell
    me but bottom line is I can stop researching this problem... sounds
    like he's found something out... LOL!

    thanks again!
    john
    John S., Dec 8, 2006