28 Layers

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark², Apr 14, 2007.

  1. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Apr 14, 2007

  2. Michael J. Astrauskas, Apr 15, 2007

  3. David J. Littleboy, Apr 15, 2007
  4. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >> But who's counting?
    >> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/77131302/original

    > Your camera is banding horribly. Time to send it in for repairs.
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    ;) Ha ha...
    Unfortunately, it's a little late for repair...as that was actually an older
    shot...and one of the very last taken before this happened:

    Amazingly, the sensor from that camera lives on happily, to this day, after
    purchse from me, followed by transplant into an otherwise living D30. :)

    Mark²

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Apr 16, 2007
  5. Mark²

    Jerry Guest

    Mark² wrote:
    > David J. Littleboy wrote:
    >> "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >>> But who's counting?
    >>> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/77131302/original

    >> Your camera is banding horribly. Time to send it in for repairs.
    >>
    >> David J. Littleboy
    >> Tokyo, Japan

    > ;) Ha ha...
    > Unfortunately, it's a little late for repair...as that was actually an older
    > shot...and one of the very last taken before this happened:
    > http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/47959941/original
    >
    > Amazingly, the sensor from that camera lives on happily, to this day, after
    > purchse from me, followed by transplant into an otherwise living D30. :)

    That brought tears to my eyes, whatever happened to it? Was it's sensor
    used to take that photo?
    Jerry, Apr 16, 2007
  6. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Jerry wrote:
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> David J. Littleboy wrote:
    >>> Your camera is banding horribly. Time to send it in for repairs.
    >>>
    >>> David J. Littleboy
    >>> Tokyo, Japan

    >> ;) Ha ha...
    >> Unfortunately, it's a little late for repair...as that was actually
    >> an older shot...and one of the very last taken before this happened:
    >> http://www.pbase.com/markuson/image/47959941/original
    >>
    >> Amazingly, the sensor from that camera lives on happily, to this
    >> day, after purchse from me, followed by transplant into an otherwise
    >> living D30. :)

    > That brought tears to my eyes, whatever happened to it? Was it's
    > sensor used to take that photo?

    I was climbing up a huge boulder in Arches Natural Park...camera in one
    hand, and a lens in the other (dang fool that I was). It was a VERY windy
    day, and when I reached the top of a particular face where the wind
    collected and concentrated...it nearly blew me over. As I went to catch my
    balance...my D30 went flying...

    -It was one of those slow-motion experiences...where your vision seems to
    slow down...as I watched my camera float gracefully down about 90 feet...and
    then EXPLODE.

    :(
    Better it than me, though.
    :) :)
    -I would have also "exploded" should I have fallen...

    Mark²

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Apr 16, 2007