28,000 Sailors Compromised. Lt. Cole - All is Not Secure!

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by tedrichardson9925@sbcglobal.net, Jun 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Jun 27, 2006

  2. From: <>

    | We have to stop pretending that everything is okay in the recent rash
    | of data breaches. Now that our military is being targeted - what could
    | the implications be?
    |
    | http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/06/28000-sailors-compromised-lieutenant.html

    Do you do anything else besides spam your Blog ? I don't see you post anything else nor
    contribute to a discussion.

    Personally, I like to get my information straight from some authorative source and not some
    opinionated, possibly biased, personal blog.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    David H. Lipman, Jun 28, 2006

  3. imhotep Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: <>
    >
    > | We have to stop pretending that everything is okay in the recent rash
    > | of data breaches. Now that our military is being targeted - what could
    > | the implications be?

    http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/06/28000-sailors-compromised-lieutenant.html

    > Do you do anything else besides spam your Blog ? I don't see you post
    > anything else nor contribute to a discussion.
    >
    > Personally, I like to get my information straight from some authorative
    > source and not some opinionated, possibly biased, personal blog.

    ....well fair is fair. His his blog informative? Honestly I have not
    looked...

    Imhotep
    --
    *************************************
    Pass a Net Neutrality Law in the US!!!!

    Save the Internet:
    http://www.savetheinternet.com/

    Its our net:
    http://www.itsournet.org/

    *************************************

    imhotep, Jun 28, 2006
  4. From: "imhotep" <>

    | David H. Lipman wrote:
    |
    >> From: <>
    >>

    |>> We have to stop pretending that everything is okay in the recent rash
    |>> of data breaches. Now that our military is being targeted - what could
    |>> the implications be?
    |>>
    | http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/06/28000-sailors-compromised-lieutenant.html
    >>
    >> Do you do anything else besides spam your Blog ? I don't see you post
    >> anything else nor contribute to a discussion.
    >>
    >> Personally, I like to get my information straight from some authorative
    >> source and not some opinionated, possibly biased, personal blog.
    >>

    | ...well fair is fair. His his blog informative? Honestly I have not
    | looked...
    |
    | Imhotep

    I found it biased and bent.

    David H. Lipman, Jun 28, 2006
  5. Todd H. Guest

    "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> writes:

    > I found it biased and bent.

    Yeah, I too found that blog link about as useful as tits on a boar
    hog.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Jun 28, 2006
  6. imhotep Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: "imhotep" <>
    >
    > | David H. Lipman wrote:
    > |
    >>> From: <>

    http://fraudwar.blogspot.com/2006/06/28000-sailors-compromised-lieutenant.html

    >>> Do you do anything else besides spam your Blog ? I don't see you post
    >>> anything else nor contribute to a discussion.
    >>>
    >>> Personally, I like to get my information straight from some authorative
    >>> source and not some opinionated, possibly biased, personal blog.
    >>>

    > | ...well fair is fair. His his blog informative? Honestly I have not
    > | looked...
    > |
    > | Imhotep
    >
    > I found it biased and bent.

    ....sorry, I just don't see that. Now, I only read the article posted and did
    not find it biased or bent. Identify theft is a real serious problem often
    ignored in the public media...

    Imhotep

    --
    *************************************

    imhotep, Jun 29, 2006
  7. David H. Lipman, Jun 29, 2006
  8. Todd H. Guest

    "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> writes:

    > From: "imhotep" <>
    >

    > | ...sorry, I just don't see that. Now, I only read the article posted and did
    > | not find it biased or bent. Identify theft is a real serious problem often
    > | ignored in the public media...
    > |
    > | Imhotep
    > |

    > I was responding to the perponderance of posts by this poster who posts NOTHING but his
    > blog.

    Interestingly, I actually kinda like those --like a newsgroup feed of
    security focus.

    For me it's that poster's unproductive vendor bashing that doesn't
    help much. But we haven't actually seen any of that behavior lately.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Jun 29, 2006
  9. imhotep Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:

    > From: "imhotep" <>
    >

    > | ...sorry, I just don't see that. Now, I only read the article posted and
    > | did not find it biased or bent. Identify theft is a real serious problem
    > | often ignored in the public media...
    > |
    > | Imhotep
    > |

    > I was responding to the perponderance of posts by this poster who posts
    > NOTHING but his blog.

    Well, that is kinda cheesy. I agree with you there but, the information on
    his web site/blog done not seem biases or bent....

    Imhotep

    --
    *************************************

    imhotep, Jun 29, 2006
  10. imhotep Guest

    Todd H. wrote:

    > "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> writes:
    >
    >> From: "imhotep" <>
    >>

    >> | ...sorry, I just don't see that. Now, I only read the article posted
    >> | and did not find it biased or bent. Identify theft is a real serious
    >> | problem often ignored in the public media...
    >> |
    >> | Imhotep
    >> |

    >> I was responding to the perponderance of posts by this poster who posts
    >> NOTHING but his blog.

    > Interestingly, I actually kinda like those --like a newsgroup feed of
    > security focus.
    >
    > For me it's that poster's unproductive vendor bashing that doesn't
    > help much. But we haven't actually seen any of that behavior lately.

    Well, I did not see anything like that. Although, I did not read all of the
    articles there...

    Imhotep

    --
    *************************************

    imhotep, Jun 29, 2006
  11. From: "imhotep" <>

    | David H. Lipman wrote:
    |
    >> From: "imhotep" <>
    >>

    |>> ...sorry, I just don't see that. Now, I only read the article posted and
    |>> did not find it biased or bent. Identify theft is a real serious problem
    |>> often ignored in the public media...
    |>>
    |>> Imhotep
    |>>
    >> I was responding to the perponderance of posts by this poster who posts
    >> NOTHING but his blog.
    >>

    | Well, that is kinda cheesy. I agree with you there but, the information on
    | his web site/blog done not seem biases or bent....
    |
    | Imhotep

    Well...

    It is the reason I replied like I did but did NOT report it, or his other posts, as a
    violation to Blogger.Com.

    David H. Lipman, Jun 29, 2006