    Any words of wisdom from you experts out there in the field?

    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Jo

    Matt Baack Guest

    Get the objectives from Microsoft and then go through the list and make sure
    you know everything on that list. Make sure you read the questions. Take your
    time you have plenty. And when in doubt mark it and go back. Eliminate
    answers that you know are wrong. And do you self a favor and learn sharing
    and NTFS permissions because if you plan on taking more MS tests your going
    to have to know them. And this test might just have a few questions dealing
    with permissions.
    Good Luck

    --
    Matt Baack
    A+, MCP, and MCDST

    Matt Baack, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Jo

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Spyder" wrote:

    > I took my 271 test on 1/26. I passed my test but not with a score that a
    > hoped to receive. I feel the main reason I did not do as well as I hoped is
    > because I relied on one piece of study material and found that it was not
    > very good. I used the Sybex book which included both 271 and 272 exams. The
    > information was very basic, practice tests were very basic. I found the
    > actual exam to be much more in depth than the Sybex book had anticipated.
    >
    > I am planning on taking the 272 test in March. I have purchased and am
    > currenlty going through the MS Press book on the 272 to study. I have also
    > purchased the 271 book which will come in shortly to compare to the actual
    > test and study up on my weak areas.
    >
    > I fould that my real world experience with troubleshooting XP and various
    > applications and networking helped me pass my exam more than the study
    > material in the Sybex book.
    >
    > "Matt Baack" wrote:
    >
    > > Get the objectives from Microsoft and then go through the list and make sure
    > > you know everything on that list. Make sure you read the questions. Take your
    > > time you have plenty. And when in doubt mark it and go back. Eliminate
    > > answers that you know are wrong. And do you self a favor and learn sharing
    > > and NTFS permissions because if you plan on taking more MS tests your going
    > > to have to know them. And this test might just have a few questions dealing
    > > with permissions.
    > > Good Luck
    > >
    > > --
    > > Matt Baack
    > > A+, MCP, and MCDST
    > >

    > > "Jo" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hello All:
    > > >
    > > > I take my test on March 2nd and was wondering if anybody had words of wisdom
    > > > in preparing yourself mentally for the test. I took this week off studying
    > > > because my work schedule was too tight - working 14 hour days just doesn't
    > > > help when you get home and want to sleep. Next week I will be back to my
    > > > regular schedule so I can get four days of studying done. I have gotten a
    > > > 78% on the MeasureUp practice tests, so I presume this is the best I'm going
    > > > to do.
    > > >
    > > > Any words of wisdom from you experts out there in the field?
    > > >

    > > > --
    > > > Motochick

    Hi Jo

    Glad to see you've scheduled your exam, and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm
    sure you've read the books several times over, so the only advice I have for
    you at this late stage is to re-read the chapters on the areas you are weaker
    on and keep doing the practice tests, and make notes on the bits you didn't
    know or don't think you'll remember. I did this and used these notes for my
    last-minute revision.

    Also, the last few days before the exam, I spent an hour or so in front of
    the computer just opening windows and dialog boxes and familiarising myself
    with their layout and the options available.

    Oh and Spyder, don't feel downhearted just because you didn't get the
    highest score - you passed and that is a great achievement. You learn far
    more on the job than you can by reading books anyway IMO.

    All the best, and good luck to everyone who is taking an exam in the near
    future.

    IT Girl

    TheITGirl, Feb 22, 2007
  4. Jo

    Spyder Guest

    Spyder, Feb 22, 2007
  5. Keith Chilton, Feb 22, 2007
  6. Jo

    Jo Guest

    Dear It Girl:

    As much as I may have studied (read the Press book over twice), read the
    ExamCram2 book and made notes, I still do not feel confident that I will
    pass. The highest score I got on my practice test was a 91%, but how does
    one judge their experience on simply taking practice tests?

    I am so nervous and it's only Wednesday (test will be Friday). How did you
    overcome your fear? I'm about ready to bail out.
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Feb 28, 2007