    60/40?
    Also, can one expect to see many of the same questions included on the
    actual Exam that are in the Press Book and on the CD? What say you? Bill
    Need help on MCP certification test, Feb 25, 2007

  2. I think the test questions are a good resource to use so that you can know
    topics that you "don't know yet" and any score you get on them really
    doesn't matter. Anything you dont know about , you should study for! The
    only score that matters is the one that you get when you take the "real
    thing" Ya know? The objective tests are easier that's for certain. Taking
    them is pointless if you are concerned about percentiles.

    Oh and if i told you about if the questions were the same as they are on the
    tests, I'd have to kill you. Actually I think that would be an NDA violation
    I wouldn't have to kill you. haha Any test you take, whether it be Math or
    whatever, you can count on there being material on it that you havent seen
    before. It never fails. :) That's so everyone doesn't get a 100%. :)

    Keith Chilton, Feb 25, 2007

  3. Need help on MCP certification test

    John R Guest

    The objective testa cover only the material that was actually presented in
    the text. That is why they seem easier, because you just studied that
    stuff. The Practice tests cover all the exam objectives. In general, if
    you don't score well on the objectives test, go back and reread the book,
    because the material to know that stuff is there. However, if you are
    scoring well on the objective test, but not well on the practice test, that
    is telling you that rereading the book won't help much, you must go
    somewhere else for that information.

    No single source, be it MSPRESS books, or Testout videos, or anything else
    is going to prepare you 100% for the test. Even real-life experience will
    leave some things lacking. However, if you combine multiple training paths,
    you should be ok. In general, I found that once I could consistenly get
    over 90% on the practice tests, I seemed to do ok on the test. I was using
    MSPRESS books, Testout videos, and real life experience too.

    One thing about practice tests of any kind. They are really only of value
    (at least for me) the first few times you take them. After that, I found
    myself wondering if I actually knew the material, or if I had memorized the
    questions on the test. You would be suprised how many times I saw the same
    questions on practice tests. There is still some value in the practice
    tests once you start recognizing questions, in that you can read the
    explanations and pick a few things up, but in general memorizing sample test
    questions is not a good idea.

    Only you will know when you are ready.

    Good Luck to you.

    John

    John R, Feb 27, 2007
  4. Thank you, your post provides helpful information. Bill

    Need help on MCP certification test, Mar 1, 2007