271 and 272: Also MCSA Elecs?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Cert Follower, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. I've heard that the mcdst exams are also mcsa electives.
    I can't find that info on the ms site. can anyone verify?

    Cert Follower, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Not the exams--the MCDST _certification_ can be used as the elective for
    MCSA for 2000 or 2003.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
    http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

    Larry Samuels, Feb 4, 2004

  3. Cert Follower

    Vince Guest

    My transcript says I am MCDST, but dont say MCSA.

    I have 210,215,218, and now 271,272.

    should the mcdst count as mcsa elecitive and make me MCSA?
    whats the deal? why dont it show up as mcsa also?

    Vince, Feb 4, 2004
  4. Cert Follower

    Chris Guest

    If you just got your score from Vue, you will have to wait a few hours to
    about a day. I tested with Prometric and I got my pass, then about half a
    day later MCDST showed up on my transcript and then finally about a day
    after that MCSA. I have passed the same tests, so I can verify that passing
    the ones you have makes you an MCSA.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 4, 2004
  5. Cert Follower

    David Guest

    Same here. I've been going down the MCSE track and passed
    everything but 219, 220 and 216.
    After passing 271 and 272 I got a congrats email saying i
    am a MCDST. Then the next day I got an email saying I am
    MCSA.

    What's weird is I thought 216 was a core test for MCSA so
    i dunno how that works.

    neato!

    David, Feb 6, 2004
  6. Cert Follower

    Chris Guest

    The core tests for MCSA are 210 (or 270), 215, and 218.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 6, 2004