    to do MCSA in near future do I need to take 70-270 again? It looks there is
    no difference between both.

    can you shed some light on this please?

    JohnSmith1, Jul 4, 2007

  2. JohnSmith1

    John R Guest

    "JohnSmith1" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am planning to do 70-271 exam as part of MCDST but wondering if I decide
    > to do MCSA in near future do I need to take 70-270 again? It looks there
    > is
    > no difference between both.
    >
    > can you shed some light on this please?

    Although 70-270 and 70-271 would appear very similar, there are some
    important differences. Mostly that 70-270 looks at XP from an Network
    Administrator viewpoint, whereas 70-271 looks at XP from a user/tech support
    viewpoint.

    To move to MCSA, you will have to take a client elective. Your MCDST will
    satisfy the MCSA open elective, but not the client elective. You will
    therefore have to take either 70-210 (2000), 70-270 (XP), or 70-620 (Vista).
    Note that 620 at this time does not appear to satisfy the client elective
    for MCSA:S, or MCSA:M.

    John R

    John R, Jul 4, 2007

  3. "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message

    > Although 70-270 and 70-271 would appear very similar, there are some
    > important differences. Mostly that 70-270 looks at XP from an Network
    > Administrator viewpoint, whereas 70-271 looks at XP from a user/tech
    > support
    > viewpoint.
    >
    > To move to MCSA, you will have to take a client elective. Your MCDST
    > will
    > satisfy the MCSA open elective, but not the client elective. You will
    > therefore have to take either 70-210 (2000), 70-270 (XP), or 70-620
    > (Vista).
    > Note that 620 at this time does not appear to satisfy the client
    > elective
    > for MCSA:S, or MCSA:M.
    >
    > John R

    Yeah, what he said. But don't trust us, visit
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 4, 2007
  4. JohnSmith1

    John R Guest

    John R, Jul 5, 2007