    differences between this exam and the 271 and 272 exams and should I continue
    using this book or am I going in the wrong direction to success my exams?
    Thanks
    gloawyn, Oct 18, 2006

  2. gloawyn

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    "gloawyn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, I'm currently preparing for the MCDST certification and the book we
    > are
    > using in the class room is for the 70-270 exam. My question is what are
    > the
    > differences between this exam and the 271 and 272 exams and should I
    > continue
    > using this book or am I going in the wrong direction to success my exams?
    > Thanks

    271 and 272 are for the MCDST Exam

    270 is basically a cut down, combined version of both of those exams, but it
    is designed for people with experience on the Windows 2003 Server Platform.

    Using the 270 book in a class for MCDST *may* work, but I don't think it's
    proper. Only because there is so much more you're missing out on. My only
    guess as to WHY the instructor is doing that is because of cost (budget).
    BD [MCNGP], Oct 18, 2006

  3. gloawyn

    gloawyn Guest

    Thank you for your advice. I've informed the instructor of the problem and
    managed to get them to change the books according to your answers. It's a
    shame this kind of thing is possible!

    gloawyn, Oct 18, 2006
  4. gloawyn

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    "gloawyn" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you for your advice. I've informed the instructor of the problem and
    > managed to get them to change the books according to your answers. It's a
    > shame this kind of thing is possible!
    >
    > "BD [MCNGP]" wrote:

    Well, unfortunately it's quite common, I still remember my Java professor at
    TAMU, he was a Math Professor that had a Minor in Computer Science, so he
    was stuck teaching a course that wasn't even around when he got his minor.
    He really had no idea what was going on until 1/2 way through his first
    semester when everything started falling together. Quite funny to watch
    actually.
    BD [MCNGP], Oct 20, 2006