    mad!

    Thanks guys,

    Danny
    Danny Smith, Jun 18, 2006

  2. Hi Danny,

    You may wish to investigate Cisco's Troubleshooting Router Hangs:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/products_tech_note09186a0080106fd7.shtml

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
    http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm
    www.BradReese.Com, Jun 18, 2006

  3. Danny Smith

    Merv Guest

    Try hitting Ctrl-M
    Merv, Jun 18, 2006
  4. Danny Smith

    Guest

    > I have a Cisco 2621XM router. My problem is that when I power it up, it goes
    > through the initial loading routines ok, but when it comes to the point:
    > ----------------
    > "router-name" con0 is now available
    > Press RETURN to get started.
    > ----------------
    > I press RETURN and nothing happens, like it's frozen or something. Can
    > anybody help me figure out how to get it to respond? I'm just about to go
    > mad!
    > Merv wrote:
    >> Try hitting Ctrl-M

    Does your terminal/cable work with another router?
    If not suspect cable, or settings. e.g. if your terminal
    was set to do handshaking I think that this would
    be the observered symptoms. In IOS operation
    it may be possible to set different Tx and Rx
    parameters. You could try going into Rom Monitor
    which always uses symmetric parameters.
    To do this press control C during boot. See
    "password recovery" on Cisco web site.
    , Jun 21, 2006