    I try to change the config-register I change it to 2102 but that wont
    change either. At times it will boot to the old OS. Please help
    Mike
    M&MCon, Mar 20, 2006

  2. M&MCon

    Tim Hogard Guest

    M&MCon () wrote:
    : I have Cisco 2620XM and a 2621XM routers that will not hold an IOS
    : image. I was trying to teach myself how to use xmodem and tftp. When
    : it is all loaded it seems like everything is allright but when I goto
    : show flash it says that there isnt anything there. I have used regular
    : xmodem and xmodem -r. I am currently trying to load
    : c2600basek9-mz.124-7.bin which I downloaded from Ciscos website. When
    : I try to change the config-register I change it to 2102 but that wont
    : change either. At times it will boot to the old OS. Please help
    : Mike

    When it boots, whats the mac address of the interface? If its all
    zeros or all ones (ff:ff...) there is a deeper problem than it
    forgetting the IOS image. I've got a 2621XM that has that
    problem. The only solution I know involves having another one
    that works and an eprom programmer with the right adapter
    to reprogram one of the two chips thats socked.

    -tim
    http://web.abnormal.com
    Tim Hogard, Mar 21, 2006

  3. M&MCon

    M&MCon Guest

    This may sound stupid but when it boots I am not sure that you can see
    the MAC address. I get that there is a magic number problem then it
    goes to rommon mode.
    thanks
    mike
    M&MCon, Mar 21, 2006
  4. M&MCon

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Mar 21, 2006
  5. M&MCon

    M&MCon Guest

    That was it. I was using xmodem before and it wouldnt catch. This
    did. Thanks for the great advise
    M&MCon, Mar 21, 2006