    gopher2 Guest

    is it possible to put the wic-1enet from my 1720 into it?
    if not, whats the cheapest way to add another ethernet port to this thing?

    gopher2, Aug 23, 2004

  2. "gopher2" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > is it possible to put the wic-1enet from my 1720 into it?
    > if not, whats the cheapest way to add another ethernet port to this thing?

    the wic-1enet doesnt work in the 2600 series....1700 only i think.

    You have to waste an entire network module to get an Ethernet or Fast
    Ethernet port, the NM-1E or NM-1FE. I think there's an NM-4E also.

    Richard R. Field, Aug 23, 2004

  3. gopher2

    gopher2 Guest

    I wonder why these card seem so expensive?
    I think i am better selling the 2610 and getting something else.
    anyone know what the cheapest 2600 series with dual ethernets?

    gopher2, Aug 23, 2004
  4. "gopher2" <> writes:
    >I wonder why these card seem so expensive?
    >I think i am better selling the 2610 and getting something else.
    >anyone know what the cheapest 2600 series with dual ethernets?

    The cards get to be expensive because there is a market for it.
    But the $110 or so on eBay isn't so bad IMHO for Cisco stuff. Try
    pricing out a current model 3GE card for a GSR sometime.

    FWIW: The poster below was wrong on the NM-1FE working, only the NM-1E
    or NM-4E work. The NM-1E2W cards on eBay are for 36xx or 37xx only though.

    The cheapest dual ether in this line is a 2620.

    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 23, 2004
  5. Hello

    Doug McIntyre wrote:
    > "gopher2" <> writes:
    >>anyone know what the cheapest 2600 series with dual ethernets?

    > The cheapest dual ether in this line is a 2620.

    2611.

    The 2620 is single FE.

    and, IIRC, they all come in XM flavour these days.

    Regards,

    Christoph Weber-Fahr

    Christoph Weber-Fahr, Aug 24, 2004
  6. gopher2

    MC Guest

    Due to the default RAM configurations and how much RAM you may need, The
    2651XM is a little cheaper than the 2621XM when I priced them the other day
    (Full RAM and Flash)

    2611XM cheaper

    MC, Aug 24, 2004