    What is the difference between 2600 and 1700 series?

    Except the FE port, what's the difference between 2610 and 2620?

    Thanks!
    godwill, Apr 9, 2004

  2. "godwill" <> writes:
    >2610 have 1 ethernet port. Can it support inter-vlan routing?

    Yes, with the proper image. Not many releases support the 2610 an VLAN
    trunking though, so use Feature Navigator to get the correct one.

    >What is the difference between 2600 and 1700 series?

    More memory, more expansion options, more software features for the
    $200 or so cost difference. They each have their own niche areas.

    >Except the FE port, what's the difference between 2610 and 2620?

    It sounds like you are comparing the older 2600 platform models that
    have been EOS for just about a year now? Both the 2610XM and 2620XM
    current models have FE ports. If its indeed the 2610 rather than the XM
    model, the 2610 had a 40MHz CPU and was rated for 12-15Kpps, and the
    2620 had a 50MHz CPU and was rated for 23-25Kpps.

    --
    Doug McIntyre
    Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
    Doug McIntyre, Apr 9, 2004

  3. godwill

    godwill Guest

    thank you very much

    "Doug McIntyre" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:4076b80d$0$30295$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    godwill, Apr 9, 2004
  4. godwill

    godwill Guest

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/prod_release_note09186a00800881b9.html

    this link stated what the IOS feature supported, however, I cannot the
    information about inter-vlan routing for 2610 (not XM)

    Pls kindly advise.

    "Doug McIntyre" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news:4076b80d$0$30295$ ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    godwill, Apr 9, 2004
  5. godwill

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <c56eqd$>,
    says...
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/prod_release_note09186a00800881b9.html
    > this link stated what the IOS feature supported, however, I cannot the
    > information about inter-vlan routing for 2610 (not XM)
    > Pls kindly advise.

    I believe I've used 12.0(5)T image (Plus or better) and used dot1q with
    no issues. Keep in mind though that you can't really push this too hard
    as it's limited by 10Mbps and CPU.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Apr 9, 2004