    Any ideas?

    Greetings
    Oli

    Oli, Mar 13, 2008

  2. Oli <> writes:
    >i deleted an IOS from a 2600 Router. Now i want to copy the backup of
    >the ios (12.3) with xmodem in rommon.
    >when i'm starting with xmodem (all parameters are set) and opening the
    >ios file nothing happened.
    >I've tried to do this with Hyperterminal which offers different xmodem
    >connections. None of them is working.
    >I also tried to copy with a tftp connection - it doesn't work too.

    Sounds like a bad backup IOS image.

    Xmodem hasn't been in use forever, but hyperterminal did do it correctly.
    It'll take quite a very long time for xmodem to finish, especially at 9600
    baud. Even a moderate 2610 image will take the better part of 8-10 hours
    to upload at 9600 buad.

    TFTP is so much quicker and easier and more reliable.

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 13, 2008

  3. Oli

    Oli Guest

    Doug McIntyre schrieb:
    > Oli <> writes:
    >> i deleted an IOS from a 2600 Router. Now i want to copy the backup of
    >> the ios (12.3) with xmodem in rommon.
    >> when i'm starting with xmodem (all parameters are set) and opening the
    >> ios file nothing happened.
    >> I've tried to do this with Hyperterminal which offers different xmodem
    >> connections. None of them is working.
    >> I also tried to copy with a tftp connection - it doesn't work too.

    > Sounds like a bad backup IOS image.
    >
    > Xmodem hasn't been in use forever, but hyperterminal did do it correctly.
    > It'll take quite a very long time for xmodem to finish, especially at 9600
    > baud. Even a moderate 2610 image will take the better part of 8-10 hours
    > to upload at 9600 buad.
    >
    > TFTP is so much quicker and easier and more reliable.

    It shouldn't take so long, because i changed the Baud rate to 115000.
    Never the less i'll try to make an ios image from another 2600 router.

    I'll write tomorrow how this works.

    Greetings

    Oli

    Oli, Mar 13, 2008