    Warning: monitor nvram area is corrupt ... using default values
    C2600 platform with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

    if anyone has any ideas I would apprecaite it. thanks
    Sam, Mar 31, 2008

  2. Try to reboot your router with ignoring the config (boot into the
    ROMMonitor, change config register to 0x2142, and reboot), and then reformat
    NVRAM (do "write erase"). Then paste your config from the backup.
    Alternatively you may try to reboot your router using old IOS image (use
    TFTP IOS Recovery form the ROMMonitor).

    Good luck,

    Mike
    CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
    ------
    Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com
    www.headsetadapter.com

    headsetadapter.com, Apr 2, 2008

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    On Apr 2, 7:06 am, "headsetadapter.com" <> wrote:
    > Try to reboot your router with ignoring the config (boot into the
    > ROMMonitor, change config register to 0x2142, and reboot), and then reformat
    > NVRAM (do "write erase"). Then paste your config from the backup.
    > Alternatively you may try to reboot your router using old IOS image (use
    > TFTP IOS Recovery form the ROMMonitor).
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > Mike
    > CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc.
    > CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)
    > ------
    > Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phoneswww.ciscoheadsetadapter.comwww.headsetadapter.com
    >
    > "Sam" <> wrote in message

    > > Hi guys
    > > after loading a new IOS onto my 2610xm this is the message I got. the
    > > ios before did not work properly i guess and it kept saying nvram
    > > cannot write and that type of stuff. I figured if i instal a new ios
    > > it would fix the problem but even afterwards i get this message

    > > 00:04:43: %SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by console.environment write
    > > to NVRAM
    > > failed

    > > System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r) [cmong 8r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    > > Copyright (c) 2003 by cisco Systems, Inc.

    > > Warning: monitor nvram area is corrupt ... using default values
    > > C2600 platform with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

    > > if anyone has any ideas I would apprecaite it. thanks- Hide quoted text -

    Thank you for the response. I have tried that too and I still get that
    NVRAM message. Do you think its a hardware issue?
    Sam, Apr 2, 2008
  4. Sam,

    headsetadapter.com, Apr 2, 2008