256 kbps

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?cGVyc29uMTAyMw==?=, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. Well I took a speed test on the internet it said i had a download speed at
    256kbps but when ever i download i get 32 kbps
     
    =?Utf-8?B?cGVyc29uMTAyMw==?=, Jul 21, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGVyc29uMTAyMw==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    person1023 wrote:
    > Well I took a speed test on the internet it said i had a download speed at
    > 256kbps but when ever i download i get 32 kbps


    The speed test was accurate. Your download speed is 256 kbps (Kilobits
    per sec) and the transfer speed that you get is 32 KBps (KiloBytes per
    sec). Since 1 byte contains 8 bits, both your figures are accurate.
    They differ only in units of measurement.

    If you're wondering that 256 / 8 should be 36 KBps, then that slight
    difference is due to network overhead.
     
    Cerebrus, Jul 22, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. If he's wondering why 256 / 8 = 36, he'll be even more confused by the fact
    that 8 * 36 = 288 ;)

    Will

    "Cerebrus" wrote:

    >
    > person1023 wrote:
    > > Well I took a speed test on the internet it said i had a download speed at
    > > 256kbps but when ever i download i get 32 kbps

    >
    > The speed test was accurate. Your download speed is 256 kbps (Kilobits
    > per sec) and the transfer speed that you get is 32 KBps (KiloBytes per
    > sec). Since 1 byte contains 8 bits, both your figures are accurate.
    > They differ only in units of measurement.
    >
    > If you're wondering that 256 / 8 should be 36 KBps, then that slight
    > difference is due to network overhead.
    >
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?V2lsbCBTaGVlaGFu?=, Jul 29, 2006
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cGVyc29uMTAyMw==?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    Will Sheehan wrote:

    > If he's wondering why 256 / 8 = 36, he'll be even more confused by the fact
    > that 8 * 36 = 288 ;)
    >
    > Will


    Lol ! My bad, thanks for the correction. ;-)
     
    Cerebrus, Jul 29, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Roberto Kodama
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,700
    Andre Beck
    Nov 6, 2003
  2. Jim Spencer

    TRADE 256 Compact Flash and Reader for 256 SD

    Jim Spencer, Oct 10, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    392
  3. Robert Meyers

    watch out for bogus 160 kbps downloads

    Robert Meyers, Jul 18, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    357
    Robert Meyers
    Jul 18, 2004
  4. Ike

    256 + 256 = 384 !!??!

    Ike, May 25, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    23
    Views:
    1,119
    Toolman Tim
    May 26, 2006
  5. Muse Gruppes

    Question for audiophiles (kbps rates)

    Muse Gruppes, Aug 23, 2006, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    405
    Muse Gruppes
    Aug 24, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page