    Every I start up, Internet Explorer tries to reach this site. Can anyone
    tell me who it is. And more importantly, how I can look these things up for
    myself. Thanks.

    DZN, Dec 28, 2004

  2. DZN

    Mike Easter Guest

    DZN wrote:
    Subject: 255.250.250.239
    > Every I start up, Internet Explorer tries to reach this site. Can
    > anyone tell me who it is. And more importantly, how I can look these
    > things up for myself. Thanks.

    255.250.250.239 is in the IANA reserved space from 240-255
    It is a non-routing IP. I don't know why IE would do that.

    There are a lot of tools at dnsstuff.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 28, 2004

  3. DZN

    Ramesh Pun Guest

    Change your home page to something more sensible like http://news.google.com

    Ramesh Pun, Dec 28, 2004
  4. DZN

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:13:48 GMT, "DZN" <>
    wrote:

    >Every I start up, Internet Explorer tries to reach this site. Can anyone
    >tell me who it is. And more importantly, how I can look these things up for
    >myself. Thanks.

    It ain't supposed to exist currently. It probably never will except,
    possibly, on an internal network. (If they ever need to expand the
    number of IP's to the point where they need this space, they probably
    will go to IP's with 6-dotted elements instead.)

    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3330.html

    240.0.0.0/4 - This block, formerly known as the Class E address
    space, is reserved. The "limited broadcast" destination address
    255.255.255.255 should never be forwarded outside the (sub-)net of
    the source. The remainder of this space is reserved for future use.
    [RFC1700, page 4]

    Joel Rubin, Dec 28, 2004
  5. DZN

    mrweasel Guest

    mrweasel, Dec 28, 2004
  6. DZN

    Sky King Guest

    DZN wrote:
    > Every I start up, Internet Explorer tries to reach this site. ...

    A guess would be that you are infected with something ugly. Suggest you do
    a full AV scan and a couple of scans with a malware tool (AdAware, SpyBot,
    etc.).

    --

    ....Sky

    Tom "Sky" King