    was (the latest and greatest)?

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Dec 18, 2004

  2. The latest 2500 with IP Plus is 12.3(12).

    Steve
    http://www.cisco-forum.com

    cisco-forum.com, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Jeremy Ward Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:05:09 +0000, cisco-forum.com wrote:

    > The latest 2500 with IP Plus is 12.3(12).
    >
    > Steve
    > http://www.cisco-forum.com
    >
    > "Fred Atkinson" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone tell me what the last IOS for the Cisco 2500 router
    >> was (the latest and greatest)?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Fred

    Just make sure that you have the DRAM to run it.. and the flash to hold
    the image.

    Jez.

    Jeremy Ward, Dec 18, 2004
  4. My most memory laden 2501 has 16384K of flash and 14336K of
    DRAM. My least memory laden 2501 has 8192K of flash and 6144K of
    DRAM. The in between one has 8192K of flash and 8192K of DRAM.

    Am I safe?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Dec 18, 2004
  5. Fred Atkinson

    Doan Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Fred Atkinson wrote:

    > My most memory laden 2501 has 16384K of flash and 14336K of
    > DRAM. My least memory laden 2501 has 8192K of flash and 6144K of
    > DRAM. The in between one has 8192K of flash and 8192K of DRAM.
    >
    > Am I safe?

    You actually have 16/16, 8/8 & 8/8. You probably have 2MB reserved
    for i/o memory.

    Doan

    Doan, Dec 19, 2004
  6. Fred Atkinson

    Doan Guest

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Jeremy Ward wrote:

    > On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 14:05:09 +0000, cisco-forum.com wrote:
    >
    > > The latest 2500 with IP Plus is 12.3(12).
    > >
    > > Steve
    > > http://www.cisco-forum.com
    > >
    > > "Fred Atkinson" <> wrote in message
    > >> Can anyone tell me what the last IOS for the Cisco 2500 router
    > >> was (the latest and greatest)?
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Fred
    > >>

    > Just make sure that you have the DRAM to run it.. and the flash to hold
    > the image.
    >
    > Jez.

    I am looking for an image that support 3DES encryption. Do they have one
    for the 2500?

    Doan

    Doan, Dec 19, 2004
  7. Well, how much would you recommend?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Dec 19, 2004
  8. Doan <> writes:
    >I am looking for an image that support 3DES encryption. Do they have one
    >for the 2500?

    Does the 2500 even have enough CPU to push a 3DES encrypted packet out?
    These things are slow.

    They don't seem to have any 3DES images available in the few trains
    I've checked.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 19, 2004
  9. Fred Atkinson <> writes:
    > Well, how much would you recommend?

    I assume this is for how much DRAM you'd recommend, and if you want to
    run anything 12.2 or 12.3 you are looking at maxing out the DRAM and
    Flash to 16M each. Obviously for so little they have to cut out lots
    of features.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 19, 2004
  10. Fred Atkinson

    Doan Guest

    On 19 Dec 2004, Doug McIntyre wrote:

    > Doan <> writes:
    > >I am looking for an image that support 3DES encryption. Do they have one
    > >for the 2500?

    > Does the 2500 even have enough CPU to push a 3DES encrypted packet out?
    > These things are slow.
    >
    > They don't seem to have any 3DES images available in the few trains
    > I've checked.

    Well, it has a Motorola 68030! :)

    Thanks for checking. Guess, I'll just have to use DES.

    Doan

    Doan, Dec 19, 2004
  11. Got you.

    Well, I got these routers to set up a Cisco lab at home (so I
    could do the lab assignments at home and work through the CCNA/CCNP
    faster. Obviously some of them I can't do since they require such
    special equipment as that that simulators ISDN and Frame Relay and
    such.

    But unless I can get the memory dirt cheap, I guess I'm not
    going to do memory upgrade for them.

    Which IOS would you recommend for my memory limitations?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Dec 19, 2004
  12. Fred Atkinson <> writes:
    > But unless I can get the memory dirt cheap, I guess I'm not
    > going to do memory upgrade for them.
    > Which IOS would you recommend for my memory limitations?

    Memory for the 2500's is fairly cheap. MemoryX has 16M DRAM for $20.
    And 8MB Flash sticks for $60. If you come with a single 8M Flash, you
    just need to buy another. If you come with a single 4M or a dual 4M Flash,
    you'll want to buy two.

    I'd recommend the latest version you can put on them for your practice.

    Doug McIntyre, Dec 20, 2004