    some 1900 switches would be good for a home study lab. Anyone have
    thought's on this??

    Thanks

    gene martinez, Apr 29, 2004

  2. gene martinez

    Doan Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004, gene martinez wrote:

    > I'm studing for the CCNA. I was told that getting a few 2500's and
    > some 1900 switches would be good for a home study lab. Anyone have
    > thought's on this??
    >
    > Thanks

    That's how I started, but that was a few years ago. You an get them from
    ebay for less than $100/each. Make sure that the 2500's have 16M/16M on
    them.

    Doan

    Doan, Apr 30, 2004

  3. I am using a Catalyst 3200 switch. I would like to have a Catalyst
    5000

    Howard Huntley, Apr 30, 2004
  4. Thanks guys I'll have a look

    gene martinez, Apr 30, 2004
  5. (gene martinez) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm studing for the CCNA. I was told that getting a few 2500's and
    > some 1900 switches would be good for a home study lab. Anyone have
    > thought's on this??
    >
    > Thanks

    I think the new bundles that the cisco academy recommends have 2600s
    and 2900s. The 2500s work for most labs, but fast ethernet is
    important for the 'router on a stick" stuff. Be careful buying older
    routers on ebay because they may have a version of the IOS that will
    not support newer commands (dhcp - nat - pat). It is true that if
    they have enough memory that you can upgrade the ios, but you need a
    cisco.com smartnet account to download it (not free). You may be
    better off with the Boson netsim. It is cheaper and can show you
    specific configurations as they may be expected to be typed on the
    exam. The cheapest and quickest route would be to get the cisco press
    ccna study library and a full license for the netsim.

    enable secret, May 1, 2004
  6. Thanks for the up-date..

    gene martinez, May 1, 2004