    ?

    Thanks for any help.

    Joni

    Joni, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Joni

    trout Guest

    Joni wrote:

    > Good morning
    >
    > At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    > newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason
    > it won't
    > allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
    >
    > Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
    > around it. ?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Joni

    No, this newsgroup is carried by a great number of news-servers,
    world-wide. If the one you use at home doesn't carry it, you can always
    mail them, and ask them to add it.
    --
    Make sure first, that you've downloaded the entire list of available
    newsgroups.

    trout, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Joni wrote:
    > Good morning
    >
    > At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    > newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason it
    > won't
    > allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
    >
    > Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way around it.
    > ?

    Did you read the responses you got a couple weeks ago when you asked
    this?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 5, 2005
  4. trout wrote:
    > Joni wrote:
    >
    >> Good morning
    >>
    >> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    >> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason
    >> it won't
    >> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
    >>
    >> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
    >> around it. ?
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> Joni

    > No, this newsgroup is carried by a great number of news-servers,
    > world-wide. If the one you use at home doesn't carry it, you can always
    > mail them, and ask them to add it.

    Or go to a free text based newsserver.

    Marc

    Marc Hulsebosch, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Joni

    trout Guest

    Marc Hulsebosch wrote:

    > trout wrote:
    >> Joni wrote:
    >>
    >>> Good morning
    >>>
    >>> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    >>> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever
    >>> reason it won't
    >>> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
    >>>
    >>> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
    >>> around it. ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help.
    >>>
    >>> Joni

    >> No, this newsgroup is carried by a great number of news-servers,
    >> world-wide. If the one you use at home doesn't carry it, you can
    >> always mail them, and ask them to add it.

    > Or go to a free text based newsserver.
    >
    > Marc

    Yes, I guess I should have thought to mention that, particularly as
    I was using one to post that message.
    --
    It's getting late, here.

    trout, Sep 5, 2005
  6. Joni wrote:
    > Good morning
    >
    > At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    > newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason it
    > won't
    > allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
    >
    > Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way around it.
    > ?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Joni

    You are in great luck. I'm exclusively authorized to offer you this
    group for your own use in any way you see fit if you can affirm you're
    not some pea-brained asshole troll named Neville. You don't seem to be
    him, your headers don't seem to be from him. I think you may be in luck.
    Please write back saying that your aren't some fucking idiot and I think
    we can work you in.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Joni

    Joni Guest

    I'm not this pea-brained asshole troll named Neville -
    My name is Joni and I'm from Yorkshire / UK mainland.

    Joni, Sep 5, 2005
  8. Joni

    -Andy- Guest

    "Joni" <> wrote in message
    >I require advise from helpful chaps - not abuse from gay boys like you.

    How may I help you?

    -Andy-, Sep 5, 2005
  9. Joni

    Joni Guest

    Info is at the begining of the post.
    I just need to setup this newsgroup at home from bulldog broadband.

    Joni, Sep 5, 2005
  10. Joni

    -Andy- Guest

    "Joni" <> wrote in message
    > Info is at the begining of the post.

    Sorry, I dont subscribe to the 24hr Newsgroup. could you please re-post it?

    > I just need to setup this newsgroup at home from bulldog broadband.

    What is the problem?

    -Andy-, Sep 5, 2005
  11. Joni

    Joni Guest

    > At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    > newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason
    > it won't
    > allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
    >
    > Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
    > around it. ?

    Could you please ignore that boring Man/Woman thing karaokeman -
    It like to abuse the members of this group

    Joni, Sep 5, 2005
  12. Joni

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Joni, <>, whose name means "sperm hungry fag-bag;
    hasn’t had the genital herpes treated yet; does strange things with
    vegetables; crap in bed but thinks he is a stud", gnashed:

    > Could you please ignore that boring Man/Woman thing karaokeman.

    Well, since you said the magic word. No.

    > It like to abuse the members of this group.

    Where is the alleged invective, Joni?

    Fred Tehbot, Sep 5, 2005
  13. Joni

    -Andy- Guest

    "Joni" <> wrote in message
    >> At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    >> newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason
    >> it won't
    >> allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.

    Can you explain the steps you are taking to subscribe to the group when you
    are at home?
    In great detail if you don't mind. The more information you can provide the
    better answer you will be provided with.

    >> Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
    >> around it. ?

    Usenet is available to anyone with an Internet connection

    -Andy-, Sep 5, 2005
  14. Joni

    Joni Guest

    Ok Andy will do,

    AT home from Outlook Express 6 - tools/accounts/news
    Then add/news to create a news account, name it and fill in the email part.

    Now the news NNTP server is where I get stuck, at work its
    news.wanadoo.co.uk
    and that works ok - At home I'm will bulldog broadband so I'm clueless

    Thanks for helping

    Joni, Sep 5, 2005
  15. Joni

    -Andy- Guest

    "Joni" <> wrote in message
    > Ok Andy will do,
    >
    > AT home from Outlook Express 6 - tools/accounts/news
    > Then add/news to create a news account, name it and fill in the email
    > part.

    Yes, that is correct.

    > Now the news NNTP server is where I get stuck, at work its
    > news.wanadoo.co.uk
    > and that works ok - At home I'm will bulldog broadband so I'm clueless

    Yes it certainly appears that way.
    Does bulldog broadband have a NNTP server?

    > Thanks for helping

    Ohh, really, the pleasure is all mine.

    -Andy-, Sep 5, 2005
  16. Joni

    trout Guest

    Joni wrote:

    > Good morning
    >
    > At work we are with Wanadoo broadband and we use the 24hr support
    > newsgroup. At home I'm with bulldog broadband and for whatever reason
    > it won't
    > allow me to setup the same newsgroup that we use at work.
    >
    > Is this newsgroup for wanadoo users only and if so is there a way
    > around it. ?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Joni

    Since you seem to be a bit lost, chatting with the cross-posting
    trolls (do you *look* at the newsgroups you're posting to?), I thought
    I'd have a look.
    Bulldog does *not* provide access to Usenet newsgroups (and refers
    its customers to Google Groups). You can't access your news-server that
    you use at work, because it is provided by a different ISP.
    You *can* sign up with a free (plain text) news-server. Try
    Readfreenews.
    http://cust.readfreenews.net/register.php
    --
    But *please* stop re-posting every idiot that replies to you.

    trout, Sep 5, 2005
  17. Joni

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    -Andy-, <nospam@****--you.com>, whose name means "has a grandmother with a
    very bad vaginal odour; stupid idiot who wishes he were cool", gnashed:

    > I'm not deformed!

    I am certain you are deformed.

    > , im unique!

    You are not unique. You are a fucking idiot.

    Fred Tehbot, Sep 5, 2005
  18. Joni

    -Andy- Guest

    ****, off, fred, you, fucker,,

    -Andy-, Sep 5, 2005
  19. Joni

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    -Andy-, <nospam@****--you.com>, whose name means "watches ER for handy tips
    on treatment and diagnosis of disease; tells everyone he thinks he has a
    sexually transmitted disease but is still a virgin; likes to call his penis
    his 'butthole-stabber'", chided:

    > ****, off, fred, you, fucker,,.

    What did I do to deserve that?

    Fred Tehbot, Sep 5, 2005
  20. Joni

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-05, Joni <> wrote:
    > Ok Andy will do,
    >
    > AT home from Outlook Express 6 - tools/accounts/news
    > Then add/news to create a news account, name it and fill in the email part.
    >
    > Now the news NNTP server is where I get stuck, at work its
    > news.wanadoo.co.uk
    > and that works ok - At home I'm will bulldog broadband so I'm clueless
    >
    > Thanks for helping

    I don't even have broadband, let alone Bulldog, but I was still able to
    load the Bulldog web-site, and after enabling 'images' and 'javascript' I
    could click on the bit where it says "Does Bulldog support Newsgroups?" and
    a pop-up popped up that said

    ..-----[ Does Bulldog support Newsgroups? ]
    | Bulldog does not presently offer a News server (often known as 'Usenet') to
    | support Newsgroups. However, we are pleased to refer customers to "Google
    | Groups" (accessed via http://groups.google.com/). This service offers a
    | complete Usenet archive for reading and posting. It does not use a
    | newsreader (such as Outlook Express, SLRN etc)."
    '-----

    So that's half your answer.

    Please do not rely on Google Groups for posting, it will put you right off
    newsgroups and some people won't see your articles (because they are so
    annoyed at the rotten way Google handle newsgroups that they block
    everything posted via Google Groups).

    While you are trying to get Bulldog to explain what it is you are paying for
    if they can't provide a news-server, and why they use mangled English to
    say so, you could use a public news-server, such as those you can read
    about here <http://dotsrc.org/usenet/> or <http://www.readfreenews.com/>
    (both free); or if you are serious about newsgroups, perhaps one of the
    servers you have to pay for - I use the one described at
    <http://www.individual.net/> which is excellent value at 10 Euros per year.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Sep 5, 2005